Part 29- I Don't Like the Pressure of Being Becca (I Can't Even 2)

Due to the horn being used by Mia’s team being so poor, their team ended up asking Phil to make a random animal sound whenever they had an answer for the first round of the show. When Phil first did this, the whole studio burst out laughing and we were incapable of filming anything for at least five minutes whilst we all calmed down again. Even Phil giggled at himself.

“At the end of that round, PJ’s team have three points and Mia’s team have four! Whoo!” Chris announced whilst being the ever enthusiastic presenter.

Chris leant forward a little as he eagerly presented his show. “Our next round tests our team’s acting abilities in the game of ‘Will It Mime’. Here, one member of each team will have two minutes to mime scenes from viral YouTube videos which their teammates have to identify. After that, they’ll have one minute to do impressions of YouTube celebrities, but they’re allowed to use key phrases or words in this segment because it would be a teensy bit difficult otherwise. Basically, it’s charades for people who have little to no interest in the news of the outside world.”

“It’s the most complex round we have,” PJ said solemnly.

“Only because we lose the most dignity,” Mia chuckled.

Chris smirked at his two co-presenters. “You two aren’t ready for the final round at all. That’s when your dignity levels will be destroyed like Becca’s feels.”

I wrinkled my nose at Chris’ words then. I wasn’t entirely sure about which parts of the show would actually make it into the final cut. Maybe only the funniest stuff would be considered publishable.

“But before two of our guests lose those first few shreds of dignity, my very talented owl friend Medwig needs to bring me the questions,” Chris said. He looked around the studio with this cheesy smile on his face in the search of his ‘owl friend’. “Where are you, my dear?”

Much like all of Medwig’s on camera time, her arrival did not disappoint.

The grey owl was thrown through the air like an airborne rugby ball, where she hit Chris’ desk and skidded off the back of it to land on the floor.

Chris’ smile remained fixed on his face as he slowly lowered his gaze to the owl. I could almost see the beads of sweat forming on his brow. He then leant down to pick up Medwig, his eyes still fixed on the camera, before popping back up behind his desk with the bird in his arms. Chris ripped the cards away from Medwig before proceeding to pass her towards Phil. Phil stroked Medwig’s head in a curious manner, before she was passed along to Mia, then Jack, before being thrown back at the cameras by Jack. The audience giggled and shrieked when Medwig came hurtling towards them, much like people at a house of horror.

The presenter tapped his cards on the desk loudly to either restore silence to the studio or maybe just to have the attention of the studio centred on him once more. “First up for this round is PJ’s team. Who’ve you nominated to mime for you, PJ?”

PJ looked to Louise and me with an excited smile. “We decided that Louise should represent us, purely because Becca has experience with silently watching people through glass windows from afar, so she should be good at this.”

I feigned a blush as I batted my hand at PJ. “Oh, Peej, you do notice me when I’m outside your house! Aw.”

Chris raised an eyebrow at me before looking to Louise instead. “Here’s your cards, Louise.” He stretched out to hand her the cards, which she took after getting up from her chair and walking to him. No high tech card distribution for this show.

“Please step into the Mime Zone!” Chris said grandly before he started to applaud Louise on her way to the Mime Zone. The Mime Zone could also be called the large space in the centre of the studio, but apparently in Chris’ mind this was the Mime Zone.