Chapter 10

Chapter 10: John

John couldn't believe how James had treated Kate. He was angry with himself and with James. He wished he had been honest with Kate, now he didn't know where she was so he called her friend Sara. Sara was rude when she spoke with John and John didn't blame her because he knew Sara was just looking out for her friend. John wished he knew where he could find Kate to tell her that he was the one who wrote her the letters, that he loved her and wanted to marry her. Jill had broken things off with James and James' parents were angry with him, but he was not concerned. Jill was only interested in James for the money, but after she learned that James' parents had cut him off, she broke up with him.

Rose told John that Kate had left the restaurant and England in a hurry. John called Kate's Aunt and Uncle and they told him that Kate had bought a cabin that she was currently living in but was unsure where it was located. John went to see Sara and when she first saw John, she didn't want to talk to him. "Sara, I know you are angry with me and I don't blame you, but I do care for Kate and I am angry with James for what he has done to her," John stated. "Do you know who was writing the letters?" Sara asked. "I was the one writing the letters, but I didn't do it to be mean or hurt Kate. I knew how much she cared for James and I wanted to spare her from getting hurt. I know I should have told her the truth, but I was a coward. I love Kate and was afraid to tell her," John replied sadly. "John, I know you were scared, and I know you never meant to hurt Kate. You should have told her the truth because you didn't spare her from getting hurt, you made it worse," Sara replied. "I know I should have and that's why I am here. I want to tell Kate I was the one writing the letters and tell her how sorry I am for not telling her the truth. I also want to tell her I love her and always have," I said. "I wish I knew where Kate was, but she didn't tell me; she wanted to be by herself," Sara offered. "Kate's Aunt and Uncle told me that she bought a cabin. Do you know who she bought the cabin from?" John asked. "No, but we can go to her apartment to find out," Sara replied.

Sara and John went to Kate's apartment and found a newspaper where she had circled a cabin for sale. They called the seller of the cabin and he told them the location of the cabin in Mount Magazine, Arkansas. John decided to buy some camping supplies, rent a car and go to Little Rock, Arkansas to find Mount Magazine and Kate.

John wanted to find Kate to ask her to marry him. He knew that she would be angry with him at first but hoped that once he explained everything, she would forgive him and understand that he was not trying to hurt her. James tried calling John, but John wouldn't answer his calls. John didn't know what James wanted and didn't care.