Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Kate

The following day, Alex invited Sara and Kate to have dinner with him and his mother. Sara didn't trust Alex but went because I asked her to give him a chance. Alex's mother made a big dinner and Alex served Kate and Sara some wine. After dinner, Kate went into the living room and suddenly started feeling sleepy and passed out on the chair. Went she awoke, she found herself on a bed and as she looked around, she saw Alex. "What is going on Alex? Where am I?" Kate asked. "We are in England," Alex replied. "What are we doing in England, did you drug me?" Kate yelled. "Yes, I drugged you and Sara. I love you Kate and I can't let you marry John; I want you to marry me," Alex explained.

"How can you do this to me. I thought you were my friend," Kate uttered. "I DO NOT WANT YOU AS A FRIEND I WANT YOU AS MY WIFE. YOU WILL MARRY ME AND BECOME THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN," Alex screamed. "My family will be looking for me," Kate declared. "No, they won't because your family thinks you and Sara are dead. I got your wedding dress and we will be getting married tomorrow," Alex expressed. "I WILL NEVER MARRY YOU EVIL JERK," Kate vowed in a scream. Alex grabbed Kate by the neck and told her. "You better watch how you speak to me, my patience has limits," Alex asserted.

Kate cried so hard she couldn't think straight. "I'm going to punish Sara for you disrespecting me, Kate," Alex replied angrily. "Alex, please I am sorry. I did not mean to make you angry. I will do whatever you tell me to do, but please do not hurt Sara," Kate pleaded. "I will forgive you just once, but if you scream at me, yell at me, try to escape, or do not listen to me I will hurt Sara," Alex declared. "Can I see Sara?" Kate asked. "You have to earn my trust and you have not earned my trust yet. When we are married and you give yourself to me on our honeymoon we will see if you have earned my trust," Alex replied.

The next day Alex's mother went to help Kate put on her wedding dress. "I'm so happy for you and my son, I'm looking forward to having some grandchildren," Alex's mother said to Kate. Kate didn't say anything for fear it would get back to Alex and he would hurt Sara. Charles came in and grabbed Kate by the arm. The judge arrived at the house and performed a quick ceremony pronouncing Alex and Kate as husband and wife. The wedding reception was an hour long because Alex wanted to get to the honeymoon which was going to take place in a small cottage that Alex's father owned.

Alex carried Kate to the bed and began kissing her neck. She wanted him to stop but was afraid to say anything because of Sara. Once done, Kate took a shower. She wanted to cry but was afraid Alex would hear her. She missed John and her Aunt and Uncle. When Kate came out of the bathroom, Alex asked. "Do you think you will be giving me a son soon?" "I do not know, what if I can't give you a son?" Kate inquired. "I love you and I wouldn't care, as long as we have each other that is all that matters to me," Alex assured Kate.

Kate fell asleep and felt someone shake her arm to wake her up. When she woke up, she saw John and James and thought she had been dreaming, She realized that she wasn't she hugged John and told him how happy she was to see him. "Where is Sara?" Kate asked. "Sara is fine," John answered. "I want to see her," Kate begged and rushed to the living room to find Sara in the chair resting. She hugged Sara and asked her if she were ok. "Yes, I am fine, how are you doing?" Sara asked. "I am doing ok, I just want to go home," Kate expressed. "Your Aunt and Uncle want you home too. Your Uncle already hired a bodyguard for you," John explained.

Alex's uncle was corrupt and controlled most of what happened in the police department; therefore, Alex was not charged with the drugging, kidnapping or rape of Kate. Alex's uncle also had powerful friends in the United States. To make matters worse, Alex wouldn't give Kate the divorce she needed to marry John nor would the judges in England. Kate and John were angry that there were no laws that defended her rights but were determined that they were going to be together.