02 | hello, love

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I can't believe you kissed James Potter," Marlene McKinnon, grinned from her spot on top her bed.

      Lorelei, her sister, Marlene and their other dorm mate, Alice Fortescue, were getting ready to head down to dinner after a long day of schooling and the event from the morning. It hadn't even been a full twelve hours yet it was already school-wide news.

     "Stop making it seem like I initiated it. He's the one who kissed me," Lorelei groaned. She sat criss-cross on her bed tugging at a stray string from her comforter while the others finished getting ready.

     "You didn't pull away," Alice added, she applied a thin layer lip gloss to her lips and sent Lorelei a smirk.

     Lorelei only glared in return, she had no excuse for that. It was true she had kissed him back, and even after the kiss was over she stood in his arms. At least until Lily stalked up to her and physically pulled her away from the scene. Since then, Lily has barely spoken a word to her which annoyed her greatly. It's not like she actually liked James Potter.

     "Ugh, I just want to forget today even happened." Lorelei fell onto her back with a strong urge to scream. She shifted herself to lay on her stomach, face down in her pillow.

     From the bed on her right, Lily spoke for the first time since dragging her away from James, "Me too."

     Her voice was small and weak not the usual chirpy sound the girls were accustomed to it. It caused them all to snap their heads to the red-headed prefect.

      "It didn't bother you did it?" Lorelei asked her voice soft and full of hope. The last thing she wanted right now was to upset her sister.

      "No." Lily shot back instinctively, her first instinct being denial. "I mean, hell, I don't know. It's Potter we're talking about. I guess it was just a little weird seeing my sister kiss the guy I dislike with a passion."

      Lorelei sagged at her words regret and guilt filling her insides. "Oh Lily, I'm sorry. I should have pushed him away, Godric why, why, why?"

     The red-head hit herself with her pillow.

     Why didn't she pull back?

     Because it felt really good. A small voice whispered in her brain.

      Lorelei grimaced at her own thoughts. She shouldn't be so worked up about one little kiss, it's not like she hasn't kissed anyone before. In fact, the more she thought about it, she'd kiss too many guys to dwell on this one.

      "Lorelei, that's not what I meant. It's not like you can control the fact that you got stuck under the mistletoe with him or the fact that wizards spellbound it. You would have had to kiss him no matter what." Lily ranted, "And that's all it was, just a mistletoe kiss."

      But as Lily said those words, Lorelei felt her sister was saying them to console herself more than Lorelei.

     "So, dinner?" Marlene questioned trying to break the silence.

     The girls nodded and made their way to the Great Hall.

      As they were walking, Lorelei pulled her twin back a little bit.

"So you're not mad?" Lorelei's green eyes shone with hope as she stared at her sister.

"Of course not," Lily sighed with a small smile. She hooked her arm through Lorelei's and began to catch up with their friends. "But I will be if you keep implying that I like Potter."