15 | truth or dare?

I WANT YOU TO LOVE ME, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY IT FOR MYSELF.

          "Lorey! Lily!" Those words were all Lorelei heard before she was engulfed by what felt like a hundred arms. Laughter filled the room as everyone pulled apart, all excited to see each other again. Sure, it had only been a few weeks, but when you go from seeing someone all hours of the day to not at all, you notice it.

Alice and Frank stood to the right, Marlene, Peter and Remus to the left, and as usual, Sirius in the center. James was nowhere in sight. Lorelei didn't let herself look around for him, and she did not let the question fall from her lips.

"We missed you guys!" Lily smiled pulling everyone in for their own hugs. The room began to fill with noise as everyone talked and laughed to each other.

Sirius moved straight to Lorelei with his usual doggish grin plastered on his face. He wrapped his arms around the small redhead and her feet left the ground.

"Hi Sirius," Lorelei laughed in his ear as she held onto him. "It's been a few days, you really missed me that much?"

"Of course I did, " Sirius set her down, his eyes glancing at a door behind the redhead every so often. "But I also have another agenda, Rory."

The name left his mouth and not even a second later an arm was tossed over Lorelei's shoulders. "Not your nickname, Padfoot."

Lorelei had only been away from James Potter for ten minutes, but boy, was she happy to hear his voice. And to be in his arms. Lorelei felt the giddiness bubble deep inside her. She couldn't help but smile in his presence.

Sirius let the smirk finally take over his features and winked at his brother, "Duly noted."

As the three fell into an easy conversation, Lorelei's glanced over to her sister just in time to see Lily approach Remus. Lorelei watched the two hug briefly and talk. She watched Lily laugh at something Remus said and the boy's face turn a light shade of pink. Godric, they so obviously liked one another it hurt.

Lorelei focused her mind on telling Lily that he liked her, but twin telepathy was tricky because it only worked when it wanted to—if it ever worked at all. It wasn't like actual telepathy, just a feeling that the two would get, but twin telepathy sounded cooler.

"Rory," James waved the hand that was not wrapped around Lorelei's shoulder in her face, "Anybody home?"

Sirius scoffed, "Zoning out when I'm talking is rude, Lorelei."

"Sorry, what?" Lorelei found herself back with the two boys. "Did you say something?"

"I wouldn't mind you staring if it was at James, but Remus and Lily?" Sirius sighed with his hands on his hips as he motioned to the two across the room.

Lorelei nearly choked on her spit, what was that supposed to mean? Did she stare at James a lot? The redhead glanced up at the bespectacled boy next to her in hopes that he wasn't thinking too much about what Sirius had alluded to, but she found his eyes on Remus and Lily.

She couldn't read his expression.

But it was more than a few seconds until the reminder of James' true feelings filled her mind. He loved her twin sister and seeing her with his best friend upset him. Regardless of whether or not they were just talking, it probably was unsettling to see the person you like with someone else.

Lorelei knew it upset her when James talked to other girls.

What, no, shut up. Lorelei took that thought back.