H O N E Y 🍯

Chapter 1

Sy'Ari A'Zoria Blessings
Bronx, New York

"Sy'Ari...Sy'Ari... Mama said it's time to get your ass up", a loud voice said waking me up.

I opened my eyes to see my big sister, Si'Ara, shakin' me awake. I rolled my tired eyes and looked at her funny. I hated it when people wakin' me up from my sleep. I had just fell asleep too. It was eight at night and normally around this time I take my naps, because I be bored and have absolutely nothing to do.

"What?", I said lookin at her with a face that screamed attitude.

"Mama said get up and go to the store for ha' ", she said rolling her neck.

I did not understand why the fuck I had to do it if her and mama was already up. I sucked my teeth and threw my covers off of me. I can not believe that neither one of their lazy asses couldn't do it themselves. I was highly upset, deadass. I am fuckin tired I worked at the diner hours and hours, I took on someone else's shift too.

"Why couldn't one of y'all do it Si?", I asked with hella attitude.

"Cause mama didn't feel like it and I'm about to leave. I'm not comin' back this way.", she said walkin' out of my room.

I rolled my eyes. That ho always about to leave when it was time to do something. See, My sister was older than me by 4 years and she still lives here with me and our mom. I'm 18 and just recently graduated from High School. And did I forget to mention sis has two kids. She barely takes care of them and she always ready to leave them with my mama. Shit, I never volunteer to watch my niece and nephew only because she not about finesse me and say she comin back and never do. I love them with my whole heart, I do, but nope.

"And where Jr. and Ari gone be?", I asked lookin at her side ways.

"They gone be wit' you and mama silly", she said turning back to face me.

I looked at her with my nose tooted up at her, I was not watchin' her children. She do not be here for them.

"And no they not, you better call up Jerome and Calvin to come pick them up.", I said naming her baby daddies.

"You always leavin' YOUR kids here wit' us. Mama don't be wantin' to tell you bout yo self cause she fucking spoil you too much, but ima step. Call them up right now, we not watchin' no kids that's not our responsibility while you run the streets wit' old ass Raheem pimpin' ass, Period!", I said rollin my neck at her.

She always dip and don't be comin back for a couple of days. I'll be damned. No ma'am, she was upset but I'm not bout to put stress on my mama cause she wanna go ho. Hm. She looked at me and rolled her eyes, but she got out her phone and called them up like I said. She just knew my mama was gone watch them... wrong. My mama always spoiled her and treated her better than me, only because she felt bad that Si'Ara's daddy died and mine left her for someone else.

She hated me, not only because my dad left but also because I was the fat child growing up. She would always tell me how I needed to stay away from the table and how I couldn't go in public with her and Si'Ara like that, honestly that shit hurt but I embraced my body and my size. I still have my issues, no flex but I keep going. Once I got older, I started caring about my body more and I exercised everyday and now I have a beautiful body that I love. I somehow still managed to love her with everything in me. She still acts that way towards me til this day and I still break my back for her. Si'Ara was the problem child but my mom never beat her ass the way she would beat mine. She would always claim that Si'Ara was too red to beat, her skin bruised easily. I am the same shade but a lil darker than hers.