Fears and Good Mornings

Elliot has been divorced for 6 months and he and Olivia have been spending more time together as friends but tonight during a weekly dinner and movie night at Olivia's, Olivia reveals her fears to Elliot and he's there to comfort her all night and to make sure she has a good morning.

Rated PG

"I did something crazy tonight, Liv!" Elliot shouted as he used his key to walk into her apartment at 7:19pm on a Friday night. He could hear Olivia chuckle from her bedroom as she walked out in her black PJ shorts that said PINK across the butt and one of his over-sized T-Shirts that she had taken a few years back.

 He could hear Olivia chuckle from her bedroom as she walked out in her black PJ shorts that said PINK across the butt and one of his over-sized T-Shirts that she had taken a few years back

"What? You finally learned how to pee standing up?" She teased as she made her way to the kitchen opening the fridge to pull out a couple beers.

"HA HA, real funny, Liv. But, no I haven't figured that out yet, I'm waiting for you to teach me" He teased as he bumped his hip against hers.

"So, what did you do?" She asked leaning against the counter looking at him as she took a sip of her beer.

"I got us, Italian instead of Chinese" Elliot said with a grin

"If you say pizza, I'm making you pick up something else"

"What's wrong with pizza?" He asked as he pulled his shirt off, something he's gotten used to doing for the last month as an attempt to make himself feel more at home and comfortable. 

"Nothing, if you don't have to eat it stale everyday from the fridge at work"

"May I suggest, bringing a lunch?" Elliot teased

"May I suggest fucking off" Olivia smirked as she began to make popcorn.

They both had a comfortable routine, as they should after working together almost everyday for 12 years, but also doing this every week for the last 5 months. These moments were more intimate than the times they spent at work but neither one of them had crossed any lines, or maybe this whole thing was crossing a line. They had sat closely on the couch, hugged longer, they've had sexual conversations, none of which involved the two of them together, Elliot had given her back massages-over her shirt and even rubbed her feet when they rested upon his lap, they had even cuddled a bit on the couch even though neither one of them spoke about it, it would sometimes just happen. At the end of the day, they had not kissed or had sex. That's not saying they didn't want to, but they never addressed it or allowed it to happen.

"I got pasta for you, my lady. And before you ask, yes it is from Carmines and yes, I got you extra bread" Elliot said which caused Olivia to turn around and give him a genuine smile

"El, you didn't have to go all the way there. At least let me pay you for it" Olivia said grabbing her purse but Elliots' hand grabbed her wrist

"Liv, it's fine. I wanted to. We've had enough Chinese food and stale pizza, it was time we had a good meal and trust me you deserve a nice meal" Elliot told her sweetly and he was rewarded with her smaller arms wrapping around his waist