The Red Looks Nice

I sighed as I leaned back in my chair closing my eyes allowing my fingers to
run through my hair either out of stress or relief I wasn't too sure, but I just let my thoughts be still and silent for a moment, until Elliot decided to disturb the moment.

"You all done?" He asked as he closed a file and I nodded my head

"Good, me too, lets go I'll drive you home" He stated more than suggested but I wasn't going to pass up the offer. I slid into the passengers seat and buckled my seat belt as I waited for Elliot to get in and do the same. Once he started the car the soft sounds of music fell through he speakers and I began to relax as I let my head fall back and a small smile appeared on my lips.

"What're you gonna do for your 2 days off?" He asked me knowing it's rare we get these but Captain said we were taking this weekend off and that was an order. After the week we had I was relieved.

"If I can lay in the bath all weekend I will" I joked

"I'm definitely going to spend one day just doing nothing, movies on the couch, nice long hot bath, more movies on the couch, wine and take out, then I'll spend the other day running some errands and spoiling myself" I said with a smile knowing I don't really do that but I could think of some things I wanted to get myself and even if no one saw them, I felt good about it.

"What about you? Do you have the kids this weekend?" I asked softly knowing how difficult the custody side of his divorce has been.

"I've got Kathleen, she's probably going to
drag me around the whole city for whatever reason but I can't complain, if all I have is one of my kids right now Ill take what I can right now even if that means following her around all day listening to Justin Bieber or whatever girls do" Elliot said with a laugh and a sad smile.

"El, you know you can always talk to me. I am here you know. And if you ever not wanting to be alone you can always come over" I told him seriously

"Thanks, Liv." He said with a genuine smile and I saw we had stopped I leaned over and gave Elliot a hug, we don't normally do this but he looked like he needed one and when I felt his arms wrap around me I knew he needed one.

"I'm always here, El" I whispered as we started to let go and I gave him a smile as I made my way in my apartment it was almost 10:00pm and I made my way to my bathroom and had a nice hot shower and crawled into bed. I put a movie on and let sleep take over me.

The Next Morning

I woke up at 9:00am without any assistance of an alarm clock or a phone call. I smiled and stretched as I sunk back into bed checking my phone for a few minutes before making my way to the kitchen to start the coffee. I decided I would go out and do some errands and spoil myself today. Once the coffee was done I poured myself a cup and brought it to my bathroom as I put on some makeup and actually took some time on it wanting to feel pretty for myself today. My hair was longer than it has ever been and I had bangs, I straightened my hair and fixed my bangs as I made my way to my closet pulling out a pair of my good butt jeans a black tank top and I put on a black trench coat and heeled boots as I made my way to the mall.