Chapter 2: Secrets & Lists

Monday Night – Gryffindor Common Room

Lucy Weasley lay on the floor in the Gryffindor common room, as Lily checked her essay for her. Her feet swung back and forth as she leisurely doodled on the parchment before her.

"So, what was the deal with you and Demitri Malfoy at lunch today?" she asked trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

Lily narrowed her eyes at her cousin in suspicion. "Nothing," she said.

'Didn't look like nothing," Lucy mumbled not looking at Lily.

"He was just asking for some help with his homework." Lily lied.

"So, he asked you?" Lucy questioned not believing her lie. "Why didn't he just ask Zabini? They're best friends, right?"

"Probably because Transfiguration isn't her best subject," Lily said. "It's not a big deal."

"Well that's probably true... but that's not what I was referring to," Lucy said smirking slightly.

"Then what are you referring to?" Lily asked cautiously. The last thing she needed was for her cousins to find out what she and Malfoy had planned for Rose and Scorpius.

"Oh well its nothing really, just the fact that he couldn't take his eyes off of you earlier," Lucy said still not looking at her cousin.

"What? Don't be ridiculous Lucy!" Lily scolded.

"It's ridiculously true," Lucy continued, "So, what happened?" She asked in a sing-song voice.

"Nothing!" Lily said quickly, "Nothing at all happened! Where did you get such a crazy idea?"

"Lily, no boy, especially one like Malfoy, looks at a girl like that for no reason," Lucy informed her looking her straight in the eye.

"Lucy I have no idea what you're talking about!" Lily objected, "I don't even know what 'look' you're referring to.

"That's alright," Lucy said, "You haven't seen him looking at you. I have." She pushed herself off the floor and sat down beside Lily on the couch, "But when you do see it, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about." Lily shifted slightly at the annoying grin on Lucy's face. "And when you realise... well I can't promise I won't say I told you so."

"Lucy you're being completely ri –"

"Lily you've got... uhm a visitor," Annie Williams said interrupting them.

"Who is it?" Lily asked, wishing she hadn't when she noted the very uncomfortable look on Annie's face.

"Demitri Malfoy," she said and then quickly disappeared up the stairs.

Lily could practically feel the smugness radiating off Lucy beside her. "Go on," she egged Lily on, "Go help the Slytherin Prince with, his homework you said?"

Lily scowled and threw a cushion at her before walking out the common room, Lucy's laughter ringing loudly in the background.

Once outside, she was greeted with an empty corridor. Demitri Malfoy was nowhere to be seen. She had taken a few steps further into the corridor when hands shot out from behind her and pulled her into a dark corridor. She made to scream but a hand clamped itself over her mouth. Lily tried to struggle but the figure was much bigger and much stronger than she was. With shocking ease, she was dragged further into the dark corridor and gently pushed up against the wall. It was only when she saw his platinum hair and grey eyes that she quit struggling.

"Malfoy what on earth do you think you're doing!" Lily cried trying to push herself off the wall. Demitri simply placed his hands on either side of her thus effectively trapping her.