Chapter 9 - Everybody's claim!

Slytherin Dormitory – Saturday afternoon

"I will see your five galleons and raise you Trelawney's dream interpretation essay," Charlie said with a smile. There was a grumble before everyone agreed. Coins were tossed onto the small table as everyone placed their bets.

The Slytherin common was thankfully very quiet as the final few desperate hours of The Hunt drew closer. Albus and Caius occupied the comfortable couches while Charlie sat in the armchair with Georgina next to her.

"Aren't you going to place a bet?" Albus asked Rose. She scoffed.

"It's bad enough I'm even participating! I can't be caught gambling too!" Rose grumbled.

"Firstly, dear cousin, you're not meant to get caught." Albus told her with a cheeky smile, "And secondly how is gambling worse than breaking all the rules as Head Girl to participate in what can only be described as the greatest Hunt ever?" Albus asked with a smug smile.

"It's not, but I've decided to be a little more selective about my sins." Rose justified.

Albus laughed and went back to placing his bet.

"Not that I don't enjoy your company but shouldn't you be out hunting my best friend?" Albus asked her taking a seat beside her on the couch.

"McGonagall asked to see him after lunch," Rose explained. "And Lacey and her harpies have taken to stalking out the head's dorms." Albus gave a snort of disgust.

"So she's left the hospital wing," he sighed.

Rose nodded but before she could say anything further the entrance to the common room flung open and Demitri flew in with Lily hot on his trail.

"Where's the fiendfyre?" Rose teased. Albus laughed and was about to make another joke when he noticed the anxious expression his sister wore.

"Lily, what's wrong?" he asked quickly getting up from his seat.

To his surprise, she growled. Albus quickly withdrew his hand from her shoulder looking at her with concern.

"Lily?" he asked quietly.

"That bitch!" Lily cried shocking both Albus and Rose as well as gaining the attention of a few of the occupants nearby.

"Who?" Rose asked tentatively. She looked between Demitri and Lily, each wearing a similar grim expression. Demitri opened his mouth to answer but Lily beat him to it.

"Scarlett!" she cried. "That... uugh! Vile vicious harpy!"

"Lily! What happened?" Rose asked grabbing her by the shoulder and giving them a squeeze. That seemed to her attention. Lily looked up at her cousin before taking a deep calming breath. "Lily?"

"Rose," Lily began slowly, "Scarlett Flint just claimed Scorpius." She said.

Rose felt like she had been pushed into the icy Black Lake at hearing those words. Her hands slipped from Lily's shoulders.

"W-what?" she asked.

"Scarlet claimed Scorpius!" Lily repeated firmly. "Tell me you have a plan!"

"I...uh...I..." Rose trailed off. "She claimed him!" She burst out angrily as it finally hit her. "She actually claimed him!"

"Yes!" Lily cried exasperatedly. "Welcome to the game Rose! Now tell me you have a plan!"

"No!" Rose told her. They had the attention of all those seated around the table. Charlie and Georgina were looking at them with interest while Albus and Caius looked very amused. "What do I do?" she asked Lily.