Chapter 5 - All that bravery

An ungodly hour - Wednesday Morning – Head's Dormitory

There was banging. A loud annoying banging... on his bedroom door. Scorpius groaned and pulled the covers over his head trying to ignore the incessant noise. It went on for a few more torturous seconds and then it stopped. Sighing contently Scorpius allowed himself to be lulled back to sleep before he felt the covers being ripped from him and the pillow being pulled out from under his head.

"What the fuck?!" he exclaimed angrily as he saw his best friend standing over his bed. "Albus it's too early for this." Scorpius groaned running a hand over his face.

"We need to talk," Albus said seriously.

"Can't this wait till a normal hour, or at least till I've had some coffee... or both?" Scorpius said yawning and slumping back onto his bed.

"No. It cannot wait. Get your arse downstairs now." Albus said and then walked out of the room. "Now Scor!" he yelled from the stairs.

"Fucking hell," Scorpius groaned before he got up and followed Albus out the room. He found Albus pacing before the fireplace.

"Easy Albus you're going to wear a hole right through the carpet," Scorpius said taking a seat on one of the couches. "Now what the hell is so important it couldn't wait?"

"Your brother and my sister," he said flatly.

Scorpius froze, "What about them?" he asked cautiously.

"Don't play games Scor!" Albus yelled. "I know what I saw!"

"What did you see?" Scorpius asked eager to know what it was that Albus knew before he possibly revealed anything too serious.

"Well... last night I saw them leaving the Forbidden Forest." Albus told him, "And he was carrying Lily!"

Scorpius sighed a little with relief. So it was possible that Albus knew nothing.

"Yes, well Lily was injured and he was helping her out," Scorpius said. "Unless you rather he left her in the forest?"

"It's more than that okay. I know what I saw." Albus insisted.

"Oh for heaven's sake! That's what you woke us up for!" Rose admonished from the stairs.

"I woke Scor up not you," Albus argued.

"Yes but with you yelling like that who's going to get any sleep?" Rose shot back, before joining Scorpius on the couch. "Albus, sit down before I bind your legs," Rose ordered as she watched her cousin pacing.

Albus quietly obeyed and seated himself in an armchair. "Look I just want to know what's going on." He said quietly.

"And Scorpius already told you." Rose pointed out.

"But it's Lily!" Albus whined.

"So?" Rose questioned. "Did you really think Lily would get through seven years at Hogwarts without any boy drama?" Seeing the guilty look on Albus' face, Rose couldn't hold back her laughter. "Sweet Merlin! You really did?"

Albus groaned, "James is going to kill me."

"Maybe," Rose said gleefully. "But you two were really idiots for thinking you could stop her."

Albus shot his cousin a glare. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"Would it be so bad if Demitri did like Lily?" Scorpius asked quietly breaking the glaring game Albus and Rose had been playing.

They lapsed into silence as Albus thought it over. "No," he finally said, "I had always thought it might be him. I just figured he lost interest." Albus said.