One-Part 1

"One, two, three, four—"

Trisha lifted her head up as the voice abruptly stopped due to the sound of a slap followed by the voice of Nat scolding whoever it was. Trisha stared out the windows of her room.

'One.' She thought bitterly before a voice echoed in her head. 'You were only made for one reason...' Trisha snapped out of her thoughts to the sound of a knock on her door. She tapped twice on her desk to notify whoever it was to come in.

The former assassin spun around in her chair as the door opened, revealing Nat on the other side of the door with a black man standing next to her.

"Hey, Steve said you've been cooped up in here all day." Nat said as she walked in. Trisha looked at the clock on the wall, seeing it was already 4:00 in the afternoon. She frowned, wondering how she didn't even notice how long she had been in here. She hadn't even had anything to eat yet since she hadn't gone out of her room.

Trisha shrugged, turning back to Nat. The red haired assassin put a hand on her hip, pursing her lips. "Well, you hungry? We got some more ramen and waffles." Ever since Trisha arrived, Steve and Nat had tried to help her find the kinds of food she liked. She enjoyed fruits and vegetables and ate them because she knew they were good for her. She learned stay away from ketchup and mustard, along with salmon.

But nothing beat ramen and waffles for Trisha. Steve and Nat still laugh at the memory of her scarfing down food for the first time, since she was hesitant with eating at first since HYDRA had to tell her to do something before she could do it. That meant they had to tell her when to take each bite, how much to take and when to chew. It was painful for her but she felt free once they told her she was welcome to any food at anytime without anyone's permission.

Trisha smiled, nodding her head to tell Nat she would love to come along to get something to eat. "Well c'mon kiddo." Nat said. The black man gazed around the room.

"Your room seems kinda empty." He spoke finally. Trisha shrugged, as if telling him she didn't really know how to respond. "Don't you wanna decorate it?" Trisha frowned as she started following them once they started to walk out.

"Like, put pretty lamps in it, paint the walls, put posters up, get new bed covers, that kind of stuff. You can get loads of colors and designs." The black man explained. Trisha took the pen and notepad she carried now out of her pocket and scribbled on it before handing it to him.

'HYDRA didn't like color. It would trigger some of people's past lives, so they limited to dark colors.' The note read. "Well this ain't HYDRA, sweetheart. You can do whatever you want with that room. Maybe color will get some of your memories back. You can make that room into anything you want. Get new carpet, draw on the walls, get new—" Trisha zoned out for a second after he said draw on the walls, starting to think. She knew exactly what she would do then.

She wrote in her notepad and handed the sticky note to him. 'That sounds nice. Will you help me?'

The man smiled at her. "It would be my pleasure. Sam Wilson." The man said, holding out his hand. Trisha shook it, resisting the urge to flip him over and hold him down. 'Stupid assassin reflexes.' She thought bitterly to herself.

And throughout dinner, her and Sam 'talked' nonstop about what they would do to change her room until the point where Nat left the room without them even realizing until an hour later.