Lonely-Part 2

As the girl trudged through the mountain, her fingers became numb, about the fourth pair of limbs to do so. Her soldier serum was the only think keeping her from already being frozen to death, luckily.

She breathed out heavily, which made somebody smack her upside the head. "Silence." The fairs hissed in German. She, of course, didn't say anything and continued on.

The gates to the compound opened up, as the guards marched her through. Other soldiers gave weary looks to them before turning to do the rest of their tasks.

Night approached the lab, opening the doors for the guards that followed her. One of the nicer ones muttered a 'thank you' in English, which she silently appreciated. Unlike the other assassin super soldiers, she wasn't brainwashed into mindless brutes. She had been raised by HYDRA since she was 3, so she knew what she was doing was wrong, but she had no one to turn to to escape.

"Soldier." One of the scientist mumbled as she walked into the lab. She stood there and peered to the doctor, waiting for him to do something. "Come, come! Sit! Be, uh, comfortable." He mumbled rapidly in German. Night almost frowned, but refrained from so as she sat on a examination table nearby. She had never been asked to try and be...comfortable.

The word was almost a stranger to her, but she faintly remember hearing it awhile ago. Thinking about it make her shift a bit and relax for a second, something that seemed comfortable.

She tensed up again when the doctor turned to her with a big grin. He was a tall man, with her black hair, and instead of the regular white coats or hydra marks hat she was used to, he wore simple dark blue pants, a white button up with a brown vest over it. He also had a holster on his right leg, probably for safety reasons, Night assumed.

"My name is Doctor Edward Richtofen. Maxis sent you here, yes?" He asked as he approached her. Night nodded wearily as she suddenly saw a needle in his hand. "Wunderbar. We just need to run a few test to make sure your serum is vorking properly. Maxis told me you vere having trouble concentrating?" Night nodded to confirm he was correct.

Richtofen frowned. "Not much of a talker?" He asked casually as he began to draw blood, surprised Night didn't even flinch. The assassins eyes flickered nervously at the guards who had brought her here. Richtofen noticed and sighed.

"I see." He said calmly as he pulled the needle out of her arm. He turned to the guards and started speaking German. "I need to take her to the X-Ray room. Only doctors are allowed in there, but you can stand outside." The guards looked hesitant but agreed and followed them to place themselves right outside the door.

Richtofen led Night into the X-Ray room while picking up a briefcase, going in and locking the door behind. Night gazed a bit, unfocusing for a second. Only a tap on the shoulder made her realise she wasn't concentrated, making her flinch harshly away from it, press against a wall out of fear.

"Oh no, I'm sorry to startle you! I was just offering for you to sit down." Richtofen said quickly, motioning to a chair right in front of a table. Night looked at the table and the two chairs next to it before hesitantly sliding into the chair.

Richtofen slowly sat across from the silent assassin, noticing her confused expression. He shrugged. "I made up the X-Ray excuse to get both of us out of there. I wanted to talk...well, you know what I mean."

Richtofen opened the briefcase, pulling out and folder and opening it up. He examined it for a second. "Trisha...beautiful name." He said, sliding the folder to Night. She gazed down at it in confusion, cocking her head at the information.

"Tell me, Trisha...what is it like in the HYDRA facility?" Richtofen asked, leaning back and folding his hands together. Trisha looked up at him and frowned. He noticed this and thought for a second before rummaging through his bag through his briefcase and pulling out a piece of paper and a pen.

"If you were to describe it in one word, what would it be? How does it feel to be surrounded by these men looking down at you?" Richtofen asked, sliding the paper and pen in front of her. She raised her hand slowly and grabbed the pen, hovering it over the paper for a second as she thought about the Doctor's question. She scribbled and passed it slowly back to him.

"ᴸᵒᶰᵉˡʸ"