Silenced-Part 3

"You guys can relax now; they found her." Steve said into his coms when Sam, Nat and Trisha rounded the corner into the meeting room of the helicarrier.

"Hey, you okay?"

Trisha nodded while glancing away nervously from the gaze of the super soldier, her fingers twiddling anxiously.

Steve softened his gaze and felt a sad feeling in his gut when he saw the state she was in. He couldn't imagine the horrors she had went through in HYDRA to get her to this point, and he wished he could undo it in an instant.

But he knew that wasn't an option.

For the most part, the 'healing' process Trisha was going through (recommended by Bruce) was going smoothly in terms of what Sam, Nat and Steve were helping her with, such as regular human things.

What they felt like they failed to do was figure out a way to teach her that not everything needed her assassin reflexes.

And with that, Steve felt the feeling of shame when he watched her tear her gaze from him and fiddle with her fingers as a kid would do when they broke a vase.

"Trish, I'm not mad at you."

Trish glanced up at the super soldier with a surprised look. Steve sighed. "I'm sorry to sneak up on you like that. I know it wasn't smart to do to someone who's job was to have fast reflexes in a bad way."

"I think, we can use this as a lesson. And now we can figure out a way to desensitize you to these reflexes in a calm environment, okay?"

Trish looked between the two men before pulling out her notepad and scribbling quickly.

'Really?'

The three around her read it and smiled. "Yea, kid. Really."

Trish had a mixed expression on her face as she huffed her notepad and gazed at the ground for a moment.

A warm feeling came inside of her, and she welcomed it. She didn't know what it quite was, but she could guess it was due to the fact she just realised how much these people around her cared for her and wanted to see her get better and be patient while doing it. Even with the struggle of her being silenced.

Something HYDRA wouldn't even bat an eye toward.

"Oh geez, you made her cry!"

Trish looked up again and frowned before realizing she was indeed crying. But there was no pain, why was she crying?

"You're not upset, are you?" Steve asked her and the girl scribbled on her notepad before showing them it.

'I don't think so.'

"So, happy tears?" The super soldier asked with a small smile and the girl frowned before scribbling again. 'Happy tears?' She questioned and Steve chuckled.

"You can cry from happiness, not just from sadness or pain." Steve told her and Trisha slowly wrote on the notepad while processing it.

'I never knew that.'

"Well, now you do." A sniffle came from behind and Steve, Nat and Trish turned to see Sam holding back tears.

"Don't make fun of me. I'm a sympathy crier. If you cry, I cry, no matter what."

Trish grinned as Steve and Nat held back giggles and Sam narrowed his eyes.

"Assholes." He mumbled in a playful tone before turning and walking out of the room. Nat followed him, telling Steve and Trish that she'll calm him down before disappearing.

Trish wrote on her notepad before turning and handing it to Steve. The super soldier took it and sighed.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Trish."

She got a guilty look and Steve pulled her slowly into a hug, resting a hand on her hair and slowly running his finger through it. Trish hugged back slowly, melting into the embrace and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't be sorry for something other people did to you. It's not your fault."

Steve chuckled as he pulled away just enough to look at the former assassins face. "I think I deserved it anyway. Sam was itching to get back at me for our last run together." Trish cracked a smile and the two relaxed a bit more.

"But seriously, don't mope in it. We can cuddle it out later if you want."

Trish frowned and scribbled on her notepad before showing him it. His mouth dropped.

"You're joking right now."

~

"I'm just saying I think they could be cute together. I ship it."

"You can be friends with someone and still hug and hold hands with them. We do it."

"But this is just...different." Sam said swinging Natasha's hand aggressively with his as they walked. Nat attempted to stop the motion Sam was doing with their hands, but it only made him do it even higher and harder just to be obnoxious.

"Owww." Sam whined when Nat finally smacked his shoulder with her free hand to get him to stop. "I'm showing my love for you."

"Your love is aggressive."

"You're an aggressive person, Natasha."

"I wouldn't be so aggressive if you wouldn't be such a pain in my—"

"Oh my god."

Sam pulled them to a stop just as they were about to enter the living room of the helicarrier when the man noticed two figures laying on the couch.

"That...is so cute." Sam whispered at the sight. Both Steve and Trish laid across the couch, sound asleep with Trish tucked nicely underneath Steve's arms as the little spoon and with Steve large body wrapped around her small frame with his chin rested on top of her head.

"Trish hasn't been able to sleep well for awhile—" Sam motioned aggressively to the scene in front of him with a sharp whisper. "—and this is all it took."

And with that, Natasha aggressively smacked him again to shut him up.

-

Listen side note, I took out the fact of Steve and Nat being together. I love romanogers but I decided I didn't want it for this story :)