Klance Fluff

High school AU!!!

PG Chapter~

Art is NOT mine! Credit goes to propper artist! 

*Silently regretting making this chapter*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith's POV

      I sat on the ground underneath the tree near the track team's.. track thing. I looked around and saw the track team walking out of the main building, Takashi Shirogane leading them. I mean yea he is the team captain. I was nearly late this morning, maybe it was because my alarm didn't go off. Gods, I can't even lie to myself. I looked down at my ankle, the damnable thing broken. I tried to ignore it and open my book. I lost my page. "DAMNIT!" I yelled and flipped through the pages trying to find my page. I growled out a few choice words and threw the book down the small hill I'd chosen. I watched as it tumbled down the grass in front of me. I curled into myself against the tree and immediately regretted it. My ankle started hurting again after I moved it, it probably ran across a stick or twig or something.

      I gritted my teeth and blinked back the tears from all of the bottled emotions. I huffed after a minute as the pain began to subside and tried to sit back up instead of lying on my side. "Hey," a soft velvety voice called out to me. "Is this your book?" I looked up trying to see the book, instead, I was immediately drawn to his face. His chestnut skin against his baby blue eyes... Damn Keith... Just gotta be gay, huh? I thought to myself. I huffed and stuttered out, "Y-yea. That's mine." My voice got higher at the end. "Whoa, what happened to your leg? Does it hurt? Do you need help walking to your class? Is there anything I can help you with? Like, carry your book bag?" He asked his flurry of questions. "You talk a lot," I muttered and sat up properly with my back against the tree. I sighed and answered his questions. "I knocked boiling water on my ankle, then I fell while trying to get to my car and to the hospital, I ended up tripping on a rock and fell on my ankle pretty hard. Yes; it fricking hurts. No, I'm fine on my own... unless you wanted to I guess. And there isn't much stuff in my book bag so I don't see why you'd need to.

      I sighed after what felt like an hour of talking. I looked back up at the boy and chuckled at his open-mouthed expression. "Hey, Lance! Stop chatting with the smart kid and come down here and train!" He turned his head and I looked over his shoulder. Takashi... just Takashi being his handsome, commanding self. "So, you're Lance?" I asked, "Yep, and who are-" Takashi cut him off. "McClain!" He rolled his eyes and groaned; he started walking back to his team. "Hey, umm... My book?" I said, remind him that he was still holding my copy of 'Hamlet' by the all famous William Shakespear. "Oh! S-sorry kid!" He exclaimed and turned back around and handed me my book. Was he... flustered? Did he have a blush across his cheeks? DID HE JUST CALL ME 'KID'!? I was about to say something but when I looked back up after setting my book down, he was gone. I huffed and picked my book back up and tried to find my page again.

      After about five or ten minutes of flipping through 'Hamlet' and reading the first sentence of each page to see if I'd recognize it, I finally found my page. I sighed and reread the entire page and continued reading. Twenty minutes later and the lunch bell rang signalling that lunch period was over. I looked over and realized that I hadn't eaten any of my lunch. The only thing that I'd eaten was a few bites of my apple and half of my Coca-Cola. I sighed and pushed myself up from the ground, grabbing my backpack and the rest of my lunch. I walked up to the double doors to the cafeteria and threw the rest of my apple away and whatever was in that greasy brown bag away. I kept the coke though, well at least until I'd finished it in the halls and thrown it away in one of the many trash cans. I didn't bother walking to my locker because my next period was P.E, and I'd be getting a free pass in that class today and probably for a while.