fifth shot.

(fifth shot)

05 | in which tommy
plans something.

"I'm glad to have done your work competently, and as promised... Drink for everyone!" Bella exclaimed and the men screamed in excitement at the last words.

They were only a few feet away from The Garrison, and soon they entered. Bella had fun with drunken men, she mostly in how they looked so carefree.

She laughed at something one of the men said, but was distracted by the presence of the blond barmaid she had never seen before. She was beautiful, looked very clean compared to the other barmaids of Harry.

As the blonde barmaid came back behind the counter, Bella got up and walked over, placing a hand on the counter.

"Hello, a dose of whiskey, please." she asked gently, the barmaid returned with a polite smile and came closer.

"Irish or Scottish?"

"Scottish." Bella answered and the blonde woman turned to look for what she was asking for. "You're new here, are not you?"

The woman placed a glass on the table and served Bella, then nodded.

"Yes." She said in a low voice, looking not very willing to start a conversation.

"Be careful with men, they are wild when they get drunk." Bella advised taking the glass from the table.

"Harry told me that too." she smiled briefly. "Everyone has behaved by now."

"They can do it when they want, but be careful anyway" Bella teased with a smile. "So, where did you come from?"

"Dublin," she replied, sounding hesitant.

"Oh, an Irishwoman!" Bella said in a surprised tone. "You'll feel a bit more at home here, Irish on all sides."

"You do not seem like most people here" she pointed out, wiping away one of the glass cups she took from the counter.

"Because am I black?" She teased teasingly and drinking a little whiskey shortly after, the blonde woman's eyes widened.

"That's not what I meant... I ..."

Bella waved a hand, laughing.

"Okay, I was joking," she said at last, and saw the woman still embarrassed. "Keep calm. What's your name, Dublin girl? "

She took a deep breath.

"Grace Burgess," she finally said, and Bella nodded.

"That's a nice name," Bella said, taking the last dose of his whiskey to continue. "I'm Isabella."

"It's a nice name too." Grace praised her back, not knowing what to say.

"Need anything, ma'am?" Harry asked as he reached Grace behind the counter.

"No, Harry, I was just talking to Grace," Bella said, pulling away from the counter. "It was a pleasure."