fifteenth shot.

(fifteenth shot)

15 | in which it
never goes away.

For those who were outside the building, it was easy to underestimate the greatness of that place, gilded in expensive piece inside, with expensive paintings decorating its walls.

Although outsiders believed that it would not be possible for someone from the lower class to enter that place, the working poor people, the women and the other minorities who frequented that place knew that when night comes inside Isabella Andriessen's nightclub, they were all the same.

The 'Eve's Daughter' quickly became a popular nightclub, rich and bored women knew there were gangsters who frequented the place. Two years ago, it was difficult to start from zero, however, she knew a lot more about the entertainment world after working with the late Francesco Sabini.

The place grew, her money grew, her life grew very fast. And there were obstacles all the time, but she didn't care, she said she would prosper when she had nothing but an old house in small heath where prostitutes paid to use the rooms, and now she was who she was, she didn't forget who she was from.

Bella would never forget who she was.

She didn't want to and there was no way to forget, every time glances became hostile when she arrived in a certain environment, every time people left after she arrived, it reminded her of who she was, where she was from.

She cut off the tip of the cigar, took the match into the pouch and lit it, took it to her mouth and smoked.

As the smoke spread in front of her, she got out of her own car and went near the grave where Ada still remained still standing, and she couldn't even imagine the extent of the pain she was feeling. Bella also lost the man she loved, but was different. She knew Tommy was fine, Bella knew she still had the privilege of seeing him even from far as she had done exactly that same day, at that wake.

She had the privilege of having hope, and Ada had lost it when Freddie was buried under the ground.

Bella pulled the smoke out of the cigar again, as her footsteps brought her close to the young woman who was now also a widow.

Ada's eyelids widened as she saw the woman approaching, with her expensive black dress and fur coat that was possibly not worn by poor Birmingham women, Isabella andriessen appeared as a ghost after two years, with a firm cigar in her right hand and a bouquet of flowers in her left; her silk shoes made her way closer to Ada Thorne.

"Holy shit," Ada whispered across her arms, confused and feeling a small trace of increasing happiness. "Isabella fuckin' Andriessen, so you're still alive."

Bella's lips bent over to try to smile.

"I couldn't afford to have a minute to spare," As she stood next to Tommy's sister, she looked sadly at her friend's grave. "But I had to honor the memory of a old friend."

Bella bent down carefully, putting the white roses in the tomb. Ada's smile bloomed on her lips to die the next second.

"It's so strange." She murmured. "You know, to think that he will never be here again, or that I will never hear his voice again. All I have are those memories now..."