Journey

Leandre was snapped out of her thoughts when Mrs. and Mr. Beaver spoke again.

"You've seen Aslan!"

"What is He like?"

A strange glint of awe was all Leandre saw in the fox's eyes as if he was recalling something that only he saw once in a lifetime.

"Like everything we have ever heard. He'll be a good help fighting the White Witch"

That's good I guess...

Leandre thought before Susan interrupted him "We are not planning fighting any witch" The fox blinked and looked at her with dismay.

"Surely King Peter..."

"We just want to get our brother back"

Peter explained and Leandre felt like as if she had been punched in the gut herself when she saw the crushed look on the fox's face.

"Well then, I won't certainly waste your time..."

As the fox staggeringly stood up and walked away, Leandre sprinted after him, much to the protest of Peter and the others.

"Wait Mr. Fox!"

The fox's ears perked up after hearing his name and he turned to see Leandre running towards him. She stopped in her tracks before she called out.

"I'll help you win the war. Even if my cousins won't, you've been suffering long enough for this to go on!"

She saw a gleam in the fox's eyes as he bowed down respectfully "I knew you would never abandon us, Great Queen" A confused look passed over her face.

Again with that title. I mean, I know my cousins were going to be the ones in the prophecy but why the formality and the title?

It would seem that her confused look had brought the fox into a small laughing fit "You will find out soon enough, Great Queen. For now, this is farewell" Leandre watched as the fox disappeared in the bushes before she headed back.

***

By morning, they gazed on top of the hills and Leandre couldn't help at how beautiful the landscape is in the morning than in the evening.

Beauty covers the evil inside.

Leandre thought before Mr. Beaver spoke "Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river" Leandre squinted her eyes when she spotted at least patches of green far off in the distance.

"River?"

Susan looked at the beavers in confusion "It's been frozen for 100 years" Mrs. Beaver explained "I'm surprised that you never got any frostbite during the long period of winter" Leandre said in surprise.

"It seems so far"

Peter said with a small frown "It's the world dear, did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver asked before the moved on "Smaller" Susan muttered as she blew pass by Peter.

***

Back in the White Witch's castle, Edmund froze once he saw the frozen figure of Mr. Tumnus. Though he knew the faun for such a shirt time, he could definitely see why Lucy seemed so fond of the faun. 

Mr. Tumnus never strayed from the path of good despite him being a recruit to the White Witch.

"When you are ready, Son of Adam"

Hus gaze snapped to the White Witch in her carriage looking beautiful and angel like but he knew now to never judge someone merely by the surface.

When he gets out of this, he was going to make things right.

***

Leandre sneezed before stifling another one as they walked through a blanket of snow with the beavers ahead of them.

"Come on, before we're old"

Mr. Beaver called out with a hint of amusement as he watched the humans struggle to walk. Peter gave Mr. Beaver a glare without malice.

"If he tells me to Hurry up one more time I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat"

Peter vowed before he hoisted Lucy up on his back when he noticed how tired and sluggish she looked. Mr. Beaver turned to look at Peter one more time.

"Hurry up Son of Adam! We don't have all day!"

Lucy gave leaned down on Peter's ear to whisper out her words "He is getting kinda bossy" Leandre stretched her arms up, felling them crack a bit.

"You can't blame him. I think we are slowing them down"

The sound of bells ringing echoed in their ears as well as the pounding of hoofsteps. They looked at each other in confusion before Mrs. Beaver screamed.

"It's her! Run!"

All eyes turned back to see something moving in the distance and heading straight towards them.

They dashed as fast as they can with their coats weighing them down and Leandre wondered why were they even wearing them with the sun shining down on them as they made it to the tree line.

"Quick down here!"

Mr. Beaver said as they all huddled together inside a small cover. Everyone held their breaths when a tall shadow loomed above them.

A few seconds later, the being moved away when Mr. Beaver began sniffing around. Odd, he thought. Why does it smell like candy?

"Maybe she's gone"

Lucy whispered from behind Peter "I'll go and have a look" Mr. Beaver stopped him from proceeding further "No, you're no good to Narnia dead" Mr. Beaver said seriously.

"Neither are you Beaver"

"Mrs. Beaver said with worry as she held his hands. Mr. Beaver smiled warmly, he's do almost anything for the freedom of Narnia and for his mate.

"Thanks dear"

He said before scrambling up. Everyone waited in tense silence as they heard a few noises. Leandre placed a reassuring hand on Mrs. Beaver's furry shoulder as the beaver held back her fear.

A few moments later, they nearly screamed when Mr. Beaver's head popped out if nowhere from up above.

"I hope you've been good, because there is someone here that wants to see you"

Mrs. Beaver gave a relieved smile while Leandre smiled for Mrs. Beaver's mate being alive. One by one, they cautiously moved out of their hiding place and froze at the figure standing in front of them.

He dresses in red from head to toe with a jolly smile that could light up the whole world itself. His sleigh made of red stood behind him and in it carried a sack that made all children come running to him.

Father Christmas stood before them as he bellowed out a heartfelt laugh that made his stomach rumble with glee.