Story Request

To: @AlicePendragon3

***

There were times her mind would go back to the past where there was war and dishonesty in the world and would wonder if one person could change the world for just one tiny act.

"Your majesties!"

Her mind was snapped back into the present as the now adult Faun Tumnus stood before them with eyes alight that could only mean he has found something that her family would find as interesting.

"Faun Tumnus! It has been a long time since I have last seen you my dear friend!" Lucy Pevensie said with a smile that was as bright as the sun itself as she gracefully walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"What ails you here Faun Tumnus?"

Peter asked with a smooth voice as he gave his little sister a small smile. Despite the Pevensie children now older, their youth still shine in their eyes.

"The white stag has been recently spotted in the forest your majesty"

Tumnus said and Edmund's eyes gleamed at the words "Anyone up for a ride in the woods?" No words were to be said as Alice and her family soon saddled up in the stables.

"First one to catch the white stag wins"

Edmund suddenly spoke and Peter turned to him as he secured the harness "My dear brother, is that a challenge?" A childish gleam crept up to Peter's eyes.

"The loser gets gets to ask one of the court ladies for the last dance"

Edmund said upon which Peter regarded his brother with a puzzled look "That doesn't seem fair for the loser to ask the last dance to one of the court ladies while the winner does nothing" Edmund grinned.

"The amusement of watching you dance is fair enough and the rumors that are to surely spread rapidly. I do remember one of the young princesses of the Northwest Kingdom seem to be keen on eyeing you dear brother"

Peter grimaced at the thought before straightening his posture "Very well then brother, let's settle this score once and for all" A loud cough signaled both kings to look at Alice who had an amused look on her face "Are you boys finished in your little squabble of male pride or do we laddies have to do the catching ourselves and watch both of you suffer in the hands of the ladies in the court" The two kings quickly saddled themselves and off they went.

***

With Peter in the lead followed by Alice and Lucy and Susan with Edmund in the last, they ran after the white stag who evaded them like a ghost in the forest.

Edmund felt Philip jog to a stop "You alright Philip?" Edmund asked with a concerned look on his face "Bot as young as I once was" Philip replied breathlessly in order to ease the young king's concerns.

Susan trotted back once she realized her younger brother was no longer following her "Come on Ed" Susan said once she found him.

"Just catching my breath" Edmund answered defensively, not wanting his siblings to worry and fuss over Philip "Well that's all we'll catch at this rate!" Susan answered back just as Alice and the others returned.

"What's he saying Susan?" Lucy asked "You girls head back to the castle I'll get the stag myself" Everyone laughed before Alice felt a sharp pain in her chest, making her grunt out in pain.

"You alright Alice?" Peter asked as he dismounted on hus horse. Alice opened her mouth to reassure him that it was nothing before her gaze snapped to the unfamiliar structure before them before her sight blackened.

"Alice!"

"What's going on?!"

Edmund shouted as he managed to catch her before she fell. Susan and Lucy began to panic and was about to head back for help before Alice spoke up.

"It's my heart disease, it's starting up again. I fear I don't have that much to live"

Alice waited to let her words settle in before Lucy cried out "You can't leave yet! We're not ready for you to leave! What about mom?!" By now, the whole forest fell into silence as if giving the Pevensies privacy without unnecessary noise.

"We'll go look for Aslan and-" Alice gave Susan a fierce glare and shook her head "No, we have to let this run its course. Unfortunately, that's the nature of man. We die when the time has come for us to cease living and move to a much better life in the next.

Alice felt her breath hitch and the siblings knew her end was drawing near "Are you going to see dad?" Edmund asked, suddenly feeling like he had turned back into a child.

"He has too, he needs to learn what mishaps we have been up too"

Alice answered jokingly before she gasped and coughed as Peter lay her down on his lap "I'll be watching over all of you always. I need to make sure to keep you guys in check after all" With tears in their eyes, the siblings nodded as Alice finally closed her eyes and felt peace.

She kept her promise to watch over them, seeing them blossom and bloom into fine young men and women through the eyes of Aslan.

She still felt them being greatly saddened by her death but she knew they could pull through and live their lives just as she lived hers.

Life comes and goes by everyday which is why we are taught to live out the best of our days here before we begin anew.