The Battle Bled Red

The Narnians were beginning to get overwhelmed but still they continued on for the sake of their land and Aslan despite not knowing what had occurred a few moments ago.

Peter was on the brink of collapsing on the ground as the smell of blood and grime reached his nose. It was a lot more horrid than the smell back at his destroyed home.

"Fall back! Draw them to the rocks!"

Peter shouted and the Narnians quickly retreated to make their final surprise attack.

Up on the rocks, Edmund saw something fly up and Mr. Beaver quickly shouted "That's the signal! Get ready!" Edmund held back his fear as he shouted the command when the enemy got close enough to fire.

"FIRE!"

Peter evaded and watched the arrows hit their marks before he felt something whistle by and it was only after his unicorn was hit did he realize he almost lost his leg.

Edmund felt dread as he stared at his brother that fell off his now dead unicorn and is struggling to get up with many enemies behind him.

If he was experiencing life flashing by with the persons he loves, he was now.

His face must have triggered something in Oreius for he was now charging towards the enemies with a rhino to give time for Peter to escape.

"Stop!"

Peter screamed. He already lost so much and his body was beginning to tire. He did nit want to lose anymore those he had come to respect.

Unfortunately, Oreius didn't and Peter had to watch him slowly turn into stone. The face of his father flashed before him.

***

Silence was something a human was not prone to feel normal around for it can lead them to find contact with another to make them feel safe.

Also, walking on all fours was as simple was crawling.

Leandre winced as she tested her motor skills and joints as she slowly made her way around the forest.

Everything was different now in a familiar way. Her sight grew better and her smell as well. From afar, she heard the sound of battle and felt her teeth drew back in a snarl.

Come on Leandre, you can do this. You've been a lioness before.

Leandre huffed before she slowly trotted and broke into a sprint and charged through. Tiny critters that walked underground heard the thundering footsteps that only rivaled Aslan's.

There was only one creature who could do that.

The trees danced and the creatures roared and sang with elation.

Their Queen was back.

***

The desolate feeling of the ice palace settled inside Susan and Lucy as they stared at the statues that seemed to go on endlessly.

Lucy stopped in hee tracks when she saw the face of her dear Tumnus with his arm outstretched and his face frozen with fear.

Susan grasped a shaken Lucy for comfort as the little girl silently cried. Aslan walked up to the frozen faun and let out a warm breath that seem to make the curls in Tumnus' hair move slightly.

The girls watched in amazement as Mr. Tumnus slowly began to move and with a gasp the poor faun fell into Lucy's arms.

Both human and faun looked at each other with joyous smiles on their faces as they held each other. Lucy turned to Susan "Susan this is..."

"This is Mr. Tumnus!!!"

Susan finished as she hugged the faun who lookes utterly bewildered for a moment at what had happened but merely let the strange girl hug him.

All eyes went to Aslan as he stood at the gates with a few creatures already on the move "Come, lets search the castle - others may still be trapped inside and Peter will need all the help he can get" Aslan said.

A loud roar sounded off into the forest and all eyes turned to the direction of the sound. Susan quickly placed herself in front of Lucy who peeked from behind her.

A lioness stood emerged from the trees with amber eyes burning with as she gazed at them. She kept her eyes fixated on Aslan who seem to have no words to form as he also approached her.

Susan and Lucy each held their breathes when both lions touched noses before rubbing themselves on each other.

The lioness let out a cooing growl which Aslan responded with a lick in the forehead.

Is that Aslan's mate?

The creatures behind them roared and growled as they lowered their heads or knelt down if they have legs in front of the two lions.

The lioness advanced towards them with grace and Lucy found herself walking closer with Susan gripping her hand firmly.

Something shiny gleamed in the lioness' neck and Lucy squinted her eyes only to gasp when a familiar locket was wrapped around the lioness' neck.

"No way...Leandre?"

A big lick from the lioness made Lucy squeal as she hugged the lioness and for Susan to gape "H-how..? Dear God, what are we to tell the others back at home?" Leandre shrugged her shoulders before turning to Aslan.

"We must search the entire castle immediately. Peter and the others are in trouble"

No one left anyone in the castle as they searched.

***

With more than enough men to make an army, they all but ran to the battlefield with Aslan carrying Susan and Lucy on his back with Leandre beside him at the front.

The smell of blood and corpse hit their noses as they drew closer as Aslan's army with their coated red armour covered the entire field like a sea of red blood.