Resurrection

Death was something humanity fears and they always fear the inevitable. For Leandre, she felt nothing akin to fear aside from the pains that were constantly in her body.

What happened?

Flashes of what happened moments ago flew through her mind before they became hazy and she herself had a hard time in catching with her thoughts.

Where am I?

Darkness surrounded her like a blanket of shadows and Leandre had to stop for a moment to take it all in.

Did I die?

It seemed like a ridiculous question when she asked it out loud. Leandre tried open her eyes but they were already open and all she saw was darkness.

Is this...where I will be staying for eternity?

Leandre floated in the darkness for how long she cannot remember until she heard something in the distance through the recesses of her mind.

Singing...?

Bright light flashed her eyes as she winced and opened them and found herself in a vast plain of green as the sound of someone singing continued to pass through her ears.

All around she watched trees grow and lands crack to form the river and sea. Animals emerged from within the lush green forests.

Where...exactly am I?!

***

Dawn was fast approaching and the sun was rising as its first rays slowly headed straight towards the Stone Table.

Susan and Lucy woke up with the start as they felt the cold beginning to seep in Aslan's once warm body. Lucy looked around before she turned to Susan as soon as she remembered what had happened and held back tears.

"We should go"

Susan said. They haven't told Edmund and Peter what had  happened to Leandre for fear that it may lose both the boys' attention in battle.

"I'm so cold"

Lucy shivered as Susan instinctively pulled her closer for comfort and warmth as they descended to the steps of the Stone Table.

A great Earthquake shook the land as Lucy and Susan fell on their knees as they heard something crack loud behind them. The Earthquake was gone as soon as it had appeared.

"Susan!"

Lucy exclaimed in shock when she turned and saw the Stone Table crack in half with Aslan's body missing. The girls quickly head back up to see no body in sight.

"What have they done?"

Susan whispered as she stared at the cracked Stone Table. The rays of the sun blinded them for a moment as it hit the Stone Table but what blocked the rays caused their hearts to feel so much joy.

"ASLAN!!"

***

Something memorable was going on here and Leandre didn't know what was it. No matter how hard she tried to think, it was all but a big blur in her head.

Do you remember child..?

A voice so fatherly that Leandre could have mistaken it for Aslan but the tone was different even how it sounded was different.

I don't know? Is this a memory? Who's memory is this?

The answer is not here but ahead...