The Great Lion

Leandre's gaze never strayed from the lion that walked out of the tent. He almost made it look like he was gliding instead of walking.

His gaze swept over to the children and they nearly shook at the power he radiated as he stood before them regal and calming.

The children knelt down before him with their heads down in submission. Leandre had her thoughts flying pass her that she barely heard him speak.

"Welcome Peter, Son of Adam"

Peter raised his head up to look at Aslan. He knew lions were dangerous creatures and not to be messed with but they way Aslan spoke, it almost sounded as if he was talking to a normal person.

"Welcome Susan and Lucy, Daughter's of Eve"

Susan and Lucy looked at him with awe and wonder as he addressed them "And welcome to you Beavers. You have my thanks" Mr. and Mrs. Beaver bowed a little and nodded humbly. Still not believing they were in the presence of the King of the Woods.

"But where is the forth?"

Aslan asked and Leandre wondered why she hadn't been addressed then probably thought that he was addressing those important.

I'm just a girl who got tagged along after all.

Still, she felt hurt that he didn't address her, almost as if he was ignoring which she shouldn't be bothered by it. She just met him!

"That's why we're here sir. We need your help"

Peter said as he stood up and sheathed his sword "We had a little trouble along the way" Susan began "Our brother's been captured by the White Witch" Peter said simply.

"Captured? How could this happen?"

Aslan may not look or sound like he cared for Edmund's well being but Leandre saw his eyes shining akin to something bordering of concern and worry.

"He...betrayed them you majesty"

Mr. Beaver explained with his hands clasped. As much as he hated putting the blame on Edmund, he knew he had to tell the truth to come clean.

"Then he has betrayed us all!"

The centaur that stood beside Aslan spoke. Anger spiked inside Leandre "Its not his fault! He's just a child" She glared down at the centaur who turned his attention to her.

"Peace Oreius, Leandre. I'm sure there is an explanation for this"

Aslan's voice boomed with a growl. Though Aslan was looking at the children, Leandre thought she saw Aslan direct his gaze to Oreius.

"It is my fault really. I was too hard on him"

Peter said with guilt written in his face. Susan placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him "We all were" Susan added, nit wanting Peter to be the one to carry the guilt alone.

Lucy took a small step forward to Aslan "Sir he's our brother..." She said and Leandre instinctively placed a comforring hand on her shoulder.

"I know dear and that makes the betrayal all the worse. It may be harder than you think"

Now Leandre felt her stomach drop and as if sensing her distress Aslan had been kind enough to dismiss the crowd and give the children some privacy they needed.

Their tent was made as quick as they arrived and soon the girls were settling down in their beds while Peter slept in the tent he was suppose to share with Edmund.

"I'm going for a bath. There's a stream nearby and I wouldn't waste an opportunity to clean out clothes"

Leandre said "What will we wear then?" Susan asked and Leandre turned to an opened chesr and rummaged through the things.

"Well...he did say that everything we need is here"

Susan smiled as she began to grab some towels "I suppose we deserve some relaxation" Lucy happily skipped towards the creek.

Spring seemed much more lovely than winter.

***

Peter stood atop a small hill that watched over the entire camp and beside him was none other than Aslan himself.

"That is Cair Paravel of the four thrones one of which you must sit as High King"

Peter squinted his eyes at the distance to see what appeared to be a palace just further out. It seem to shine under the radiant sun.

Peter's silence made Aslan turn to him "You doubt the prophecy" It wasn't a question, merely a statement that sent the boy reeling.

"No, that's just it...you're not who I think I am"

Peter said in denial. He was a mere ordinary boy and this was something for someone who has more higher standing.

"Peter Pevensie formerly of Finnchley"

Peter looked at Aslan with slough shock at the piece of information "Beaver also mentioned you were going to turn him into a hat" Peter lightly laughed as he remembered before both went into complete and calm silence.

"Peter there is a Deep Magic that rules over Narnia. It defines right from wrong and helps us fulfill destinies, both yours and mine"

Peter couldn't help but agree with the lion at the moment. For all he knew, folks from back home would likely deem him crazy if he ever were to tell them of Narnia.

"I don't think I will be able"

"You were able to get your family here"

"Not all of them"

Peter said as he remember how he failed on a simple task in keeping his siblings and his cousin together and safe from danger and from another war.

How was he able to handle an army?

"I will do what I can for Edmund"

Aslan promised and Peter felt a deep sense of relief go through to him as they continued to watch the red and yellow bands of Aslan's camp.

"I too want my family safe"

At the mention of family, Peter saw sadness enter the great king and he wondered if something horribly had gone wrong.

"Aslan, why didn't you address Leandre to the crowd. I mean, she's part of my family"

He saw hesitation enter Aslan's eyes but just as the lion was about to answer, a warning horn being blown sent Peter's mind into a panic.

"Susan!"