Episode 2: My Little Pony

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man here!

Welcome to Toxic Fandoms, the show where I reveal the depths some fans will go to for their favorite shows. I'm your host and fandom expert, Author Man!

You guys know how the show works, I rate a fandom based on five categories: Welcoming, Appreciation, Creativity, Relevance, and Shipping. I then average out the scores and place the show on my TOXICITY SCALE.

So without further ado, the fandom we are rating today is...

MY LITTLE PONY!

Now, most of you know about this fandom, but let me give a little review or explanation for those who don't.

These people are well known on the internet, largely for the section of their fanbase called "Bronies". These "Bronies" are males, usually teens to young adults(Though there are some people who haven't grown out of it), and have an interesting mix of talent and talent-less. The other major group is known as "Pega-sisters". These are the female counterparts of "Bronies" and is a much smaller group.

DISCLAIMER!

I do not judge the quality of the shows, though the quality will be taken into consideration.

Also, I am not judging the "Bronies" alone, but the whole fandom. Please do not make assumptions that I hate "Bronies", because really, I hate everyone.

Also, I have spent some time researching them, and realize that not all "Bronies" and "Pega-Sisters" are the same. As a matter of fact, I actually enjoy some of the talented people who are a part of these groups, like AcousticBrony, LivingTombstone, and Mandopony.

DISCLAIMER OVER!

Alright everybody, let's get right into it.

Category 1: Welcoming.

Simple enough, is the My Little Pony fandom welcome to new fans?

And to their credit, they seem to be open to new members, most of the time. Sure there are a few mean members and some people hate the youtubers, but they're mostly just friendly people. As long as you don't mind that they like MLP, they're pretty welcoming.

Maybe it's because of the message of the show? I don't know, there just isn't much to say about this.

Some people have claimed that they don't feel welcome, but I don't care about feelings. I can't find any evidence for their claims, so they've been disregarded.

This isn't the RWBY fandom guys, I don't really have a burning hatred for the MLP fandom, I just hate fandoms.

Category score: 7/10.

Category 2: Appreciation

Okay, I have a little more to say here.

While most of the show is pretty appreciative, many of them are... RWBY-esque.

I'm talking about what the fandom calls the "Season one-ers" and the people who blast the movies. 

These people are almost as bad as the RWBY fandom when it comes to this. Almost, as in they don't send death threat to Hasbro if their ships don't come true, mostly because Hasbro is a massive company, bigger than Rooster Teeth.

But I'm convinced that if Hasbro was any smaller, the "Season one-ers" would be the first to storm the compound.

"Season one-ers" are very similar to the "Gen one-ers" of the Pokemon fandom. They believe that only the first season of the show is perfect, ad that the rest is complete crap because the plot changed.