Season 2: Episode 1

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

Welcome back to TOXIC FANDOMS! The show where I reveal the depths some fans will go to for their favorite shows! My name is Author Man, I'm the host, MC, and creator of this show. I will be your guide for today, as we venture deep into the depths of darkness.

Welcome to Season 2 everybody! Oh man, it is so good to be back. Believe me, I've been waiting to come back for a while now, so here we are.

Now, I'm going to give a little backstory to this fandom. This fandom is one who's source I have been a fan of for a while now, though, the fandom isn't as good. This fandom is known to be very protective of its "Waifus" and "Husbandos" (Technical terms referring to a member of a fandom's favorite characters, mostly in a sexual or loving context) as well as being known for attacking anyone who even talks about their favorite game.

That's right, we're talking about the PERSONA FANDOM!

For those of you who have not heard of this fandom, here's Wikipedia's opening for Persona:

Persona, also known as Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, is a video game franchise developed and primarily published by . Focusing around a series of , Persona is a spin-off from Atlus' franchise, and was originally based on the high school setting of . The first entry in the series, , was released in 1996. There have since been five further main games, with the most recent, , being released in 2016. Numerous spin-offs have also been developed. The series takes its title from beings summoned by characters in battle, manifesting from their .

Persona began as a spin-off based on the positively-received setting of If.... Its trademark features include a high school setting, a group of students as the protagonists, a silent protagonist similar to the mainline Megami Tensei franchise, and combat using Personas. Since the release of in 2006, the main series has used a function called Social Links, which is directly linked to how Personas evolve. Central character designs are by series co-creator (Persona and the Persona 2 duology) and (Persona 3 onwards). Its overall theme is exploration of the human psyche and how the characters find their true selves. The series' recurring concepts and design elements draw on and , along with religion, mythology, and popular literature.

You all know how the show works; I pick a fandom each week and review them based on my five WACRS (Welcoming, Appreciation, Creativity, Relevancy, and Shipping). The fandom is given a score out of five for each section and at the end of the episode, all scores are averaged out and the fandom is given it's place on my TOXICITY SCALE!

!DISCLAIMER!

I do not judge the quality of the media, though the quality will be taken into consideration for some categories.

Ratings are based off facts, not feelings. Thus, anecdotal stories will be taken as tertiary sources.

!DISCLAIMER OVER!

So without further ado, let's get into this.

Category 1: Welcoming

Hahahahahahahaha.... Glad we're getting off to a good start.

This is one of the most unwelcoming fandoms of all time. Seriously, they attack anyone who even dares mess with their precious game and "Waifus".

It's almost too much sometimes. For a few examples, look no further than...Game theory. It seems like I bring them up a lot.

Anyway, MatPat created a theory around Persona and shadows and other crap. After a while, it doesn't completely hold up to scrutiny, but that's fine. He doesn't have to be right all the time, that's what makes the show interesting.