zero; preface.

FIRE & ICE
[chapter zero . : preface]

"WHEN WE FIRST MET"

CHAPTER ZERO;PREFACE

***

ELEANOR ROSE GRANGER HAS KNOWN two certain red headed goofballs since she was eleven years old. She had first met the mischievous twins after being sorted into Gryffindor House.

The small brunette became impatient as she stood in the crowd of first years, waiting for her name to be called. She stood in the Great Hall of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, feeling anxious about what house she would be placed into for the next seven years of her life.

"Granger, Eleanor!"

The little girls heart started pounding at the thought of the entire Great Hall staring at her as she was never one to like being at the centre of attention.

Regardless, little eleven year old Eleanor Granger trotted up to the stool and sat, the sorting hat was placed firmly on her small mess of brunette hair.

"Ah, yes Eleanor Granger." The hat murmured. Eleanor jumped at the sudden male voice that came from the hat that sat on top of her head.

"There's courage here, an excellent mind too.." Eleanor's mind was racing, she wanted the Sorting Hat to hurry up and place her into a House and be done with it.

"Your curious, scheming, but determined to prove yourself." The sorting hat pondered with this decision.

"You would be great in any House, you know!" It boasted towards the nervous girl.

"Alright, it better be... GRYFFINDOR!" Eleanor let out a sigh of relief as the hat was gently taken off her head just as the table with a sea of red and gold erupted into cheers towards their newest fellow Gryffindor.

Before she hopped off the stool she noticed that the generic uniform and robes she bought in Diagon Alley were shimmering with red and gold and soon they turned into the robes of the Gryffindor House.

She hopped off the stool with a smile and made her way to the Gryffindor Table where cheers and hollers where already making her feel welcomed.

Eleanor sat herself down between two first year girls that she had watched being sorted into Gryffindor.

One girl had shoulder length, smooth, dark brown hair that seemed to be on the wavier side while the other girl had long silky blonde hair that were sporting two French braids on either side of her head. The two girls introduced themselves to Eleanor.

The short brunette introduced herself as Maria but insisted they just call her M, while the slightly taller blonde introduced herself as Charlotte but said everyone just calls her Lottie for short.

Eleanor shook both girls hands as she introduced herself.

"I'm Eleanor Granger," She stated with a grin.

Charlotte gave her a puzzled look and then shook her head.

"I'm gonna call you Elle!" The bubbly blonde announced, then looked towards Eleanor with a questionable expression.

"Is that alright?" Charlotte asked her new friend.

Eleanor smiled and nodded her head in acceptance.

"Great!" Charlotte smiled then proceeded to turn around and watch the rest of the first years being sorted into their Houses.

Eleanor chuckled lowly then turned to her right and started a light conversation with Maria who seemed to be a slightly shy person.

As soon as Eleanor expressed her fascination with The Weird Sisters, a band she started listening to after receiving her Hogwarts Letter, Maria's face lite up and the pair continued talking amongst themselves, stopping occasionally to clap as a new Gryffindor was announced.

"Hi, I'm Fred and this is George!" A sudden loud voice startled Eleanor and her two new friends, her eyes moved rapidly to look behind Maria.

As she did, she saw a set of tall identical boys with freckles and fiery red hair sitting beside Maria.

"Don't fret if you mix us up!" One twin said with a bubbly smile.

"Our mother can't even tell us apart!" The other twin laughed.

"Just call us Gred and Forge!" They both said together. Eleanor, Maria and Charlotte giggled at the two energetic twins.

Eleanor smiled softly and held out her hand towards the mysterious twins.

"I'm Eleanor, Eleanor Granger."

Needless to say the quiet brunette and the outgoing twins became fast friends, and soon they had broken Eleanor Granger right out of her shell.