one.

FIRE & ICE
[chapter one . : hogwarts]

"HOGWARTS IS MY SECOND HOME"

CHAPTER ONE; HOGWARTS

***

FOUR YEARS LATER and nothing has really changed following the trio's sorting. Eleanor, despite only growing to be 5'3 has grown to be more beautiful and maybe, just a little clumsy. She has long, silky brunette hair cascading down her back, almost reaching her waist and gorgeous hazel eyes.

She did remain friends with Fred and George Weasley, best friends in fact. And she had, to her own relief, learnt to tell the difference between the twins. She had also gained the great badge of honour of becoming their third partner in crime. Who would of thought, a Granger as the Weasley Twin's partner in crime.

Eleanor divides her summers in half, spending half at home with her family and the other half at the Burrow. Arthur and Molly Weasley have grown to think of Eleanor and her younger sister Hermione as one of their own, much like Harry. Unlike all her other summers, Eleanor and Hermione didn't get to spend as much time at the Burrow as they would of liked. The Weasley Family had gone to Egypt during the summer, Molly and Arthur decided to spend their last few days back at the Leaky Cauldron since it was so close to Kings Cross. Hermione decided to join her best friends Harry Potter and Ron Weasley there while Eleanor decided she would spend a few more days at home with her parents.

***

Eleanor Granger hums quietly to herself as she packs her trunk for Hogwarts. She can hear birds chirping as they fly around without a care in the world and the sound of her record player, quietly playing music in the background. She felt a gentle fall breeze on her exposed lower back, since her purple jumper had ridden up a bit when she was packing.

The breeze had come from an open window a few feet away from her. She pads quickly over to the window, shivering slightly as her bare feet move across the cold wooden floors. The brunette leans against the white wood desk that sits in front of the large window she grabs the hatch and closes the window, much to her owl Ollie's, disappointment. She directs a fond smile toward Ollie, an owl which her parents bought her in Diagon Alley, after receiving her Hogwarts Letter. Eleanor then gets back to work packing her trunk while softly humming to the background music.

An hour or so later, Eleanor snaps her Hogwarts chest shut while a small smile grazes her naturally rosy lips. She couldn't believe she is in her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her fifth year being a proud Gryffindor. To her, it felt as the last few crazy years at Hogwarts have flown by so quickly. It was astonishing for her to think, she would be taking her O.W.L's this year. Eleanor was amazed how time can go by so fast and you don't even really notice.