ten.

Prepare yourself! This is the longest chapter I have written! Hope you enjoy!

FIRE & ICE
[chapter ten . : family reunion]

"YOU LOOK SO MUCH LIKE YOUR MOTHER!"

CHAPTER TEN;
FAMILY REUNION

***

THE IDEA THAT SIRIUS BLACK was her biological father had first shocked and frightened Eleanor Granger. Also to know he was a convicted murderer and the first escapee of Azkaban Prison was unfathomable to the fifth year.

She didn't understand how she could be related to someone so violent, so monstrous.  She had finally come to terms with that fact and was relieved when she realized she would never have too meet the man.

Surely he would be caught by the Dementors and given the Dementors Kiss. She had finally figured out why they had attacked her that day on the train — they could sense she was of Black blood. Still and rightly so, she resented the ghostly black creatures.

So as she stood in the Shrieking Shack with a vengeful Harry, a limp Ron and frightened Hermione she stared into the dark eyes of the man who called himself her father.

"If you want to kill Harry, you have to kill us too!"

Sirius Black's dark eyes moved off of his only child to the girl who clung onto his child's arm tightly.

Stuck on the overwhelming feeling of revenge, he pushes the his daughter out of his mind and shakes his head towards the young bright witch.

"No. Only one will die tonight."

His voice was husky and tired, Eleanor notices as her hazel eyes never left his rough face, her hand gripping her wand so tightly she thought it might snap in half.

Sirius Black was very pale with a scruffy face, clearly unshaven for quite some time. His eyes dark and seemingly lifeless. Eleanor had never seen someone look so defeated yet determined. It unsettled her stomach and she suddenly felt a little queasy.

"It'll be you!"

Eleanor's blood ran cold as Harry broke from behind the Granger sisters protective stance to grab a hold of Sirius Black's dirty collar and throw him to the rickety floor. Eleanor lets out a puff of air and holds her breath as the scruffy man lets out a loud cackle.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry"

It was a question but it didn't sound like one to Eleanor as she watches Sirius Black smile widely up at Harry.