Chapter 1 - You Should See Me In A Crown

So, something weird happened last night...

"Canada! Are you alright? Speak to me!"

The wounded Canadian didn't reply, and backed up against the wall, trembling. His right shoulder was stabbed, but other than that, he was still breathing, just at a faster-than-usual pace.

Apperantelly, someone had broken into the Americas' home and tried to kill the Canadian country with a dagger. No real motive was found behind it either. After all, Canada didn't officially have any enemies.

"Get an ambulance in here!" someone cried out.

The peaceful country didn't see it coming; the person was as swift to leave as they were to attempt murder.

As odd as this entire fiasco was, however, the weirdest part of it all had to be the reaction to it from America himself.

"Whatever," was his only comment.

It was so unlike him. Countries began suspecting if America could have possibly been the perpetrater. But why would his own brother try to kill him—America, out of all people? It didn't make any sense, so the countries gathered together to consult him.

Being the number one suspect, America sat in the accused chair, his hands cuffed. He wore a typical collared T-shirt he usually does when he's not too lazy to, but with a red tie and black suspenders, which was a tad bit uncanny for him.

His eyes slowly panned the room. Everyone he looked at, however, avoided making eye contact with him, making America laugh at their cowardice, "Just out of curiosity, who in here believes that I did it?"

Surprised at the question, everyone's head turned to each other with the look of guilt plastered on their face. A few countries even rose their hands in the air.

Germany decided to step forward with some documents in his hands. His expression was stern, but you could tell there was a hint of disappointment hidden in his eyes. "That's only because all of the evidence that we have collected so far, only points to you. I'm sorry, America, but until a full investigation is done, we can only assume it was you who attempted to murder your own brother," he sighed, correcting his glasses, and put the papers down.

America grinned in response. He was having so much fun with this little accusation of his. Of course, he was the one who did it. He even left evidence behind there on purpose. He didn't actually want to kill his own brother though. That would be such a hassle. America could hardly imagine the paperwork he'd have to do after his brother's death. This was all done for just shits and giggles.

The room grew silent. No one knew what to do or say. They've trusted America for way too long, heck, some of them still even do. He didn't have the eyes of a psychopath, even in his current state.

Meanwhile, Russia only observed from the back, face palming himself at everyone's sheer ignorance. He knew the American country too damn well. The U.S.A. was clearly fucking with them all and it would've been amusing to the Russian if it wasn't for the fact that this emergency meeting was called in late at night. America's attitude peculiarity, however, was surprisingly of his interest though. Russia doesn't remember a time when America had ever acted this way before.

"Stand back." Vietnam suddenly spoke out, and pushed his way to the front. He examined the American's odd black crown and his fierce red eyes.

This isn't America, he thought to himself. "Who are you?"

America pouted, "What, you can't recognize your old pal? I'm hurt, deary."

Vietnam rolled his eyes and turned around to face the other countries. "Where was he last spotted?"

"We don't know. There's no record of him even leaving his house," Germany replied.

The Vietnamese country turned back around, sternly. Something had to have happened to cause this abrupt personality change. "What did you do yesterday?" he asked the American country.

Smirking, America eyed a small asian country in the corner of the room who was shaking in fear. "Why not ask that cute girl over there? She could tell you." The countries, a little shocked, only now noticed she was sobbing nonstop into her clothes. America leaned on his hand, chuckling, "We had a pretty fun time last night, wouldn't you agree, Japan?" A lot of outraged and disgusted looks followed.

"It wasn't like that!!" she yelled back, upset and flustered at the same time.

"Japan?" Everyone asked, some said her name in different languages and looked at her, confused.

"I didn't mean to, I promise..." she began crying again. Germany was already fitting the pieces together in his head. It was obvious to everyone that Japan has a crush on America. Maybe this was a love drug side effect?

"Oh come on, sweetheart, it wasn't that bad," America cooed at her. He was still, of course, bs-ing the entire thing.

"Do you know something about this, Japan?" Germany skeptically asked.

Japan nodded. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault..." She cried again. Some countries tried to comfort her.

"Tell us what happened."

She looked up at Germany with watery eyes. "I... I gave him a love curse," she explained, facing away from everyone. "アメリカが大好きからー"  (because I love him too much).

Vietnam sighed, "Okay. But how are we supposed to fix this?"

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know he would act like this. I just wanted a real kiss from him because he's always..." Japan was mostly talking to herself at that point, mumbling nonsensical words that no one understood.

"It should wear off eventually, right?" Philippines suggested.

Vietnam shrugged. "I suppose so. However, until then, we're going to have to keep him confined."

"Wait—where did he go?"

Norway was the first one to notice that their suspect was missing. The chair that America was in moments ago was now empty. How could a room of twenty five countries not see him escape?

They all looked up, simultaneously, and gaped. Well, the large hole in the ceiling sure explained a few things.

Someone was about to follow him up there, when out of nowhere, gunshots were heard coming from the outside of their room.

Vietnam turned towards Germany. "You think that's him?"

Germany nodded in response. "Everyone! I want this entire sector secured! No one can enter or leave the building!

The countries obeyed, and a search mission was executed across the world—to find and capture the accused American country at all costs.