Chapter 4 - Runnin'

America waited patiently for his turn to roll around. He was playing poker at a table with a few other people, betting insane amounts of money for no reason. Literally, none. He could only imagine what terrible consequences that would have on him later; a distorted way of thinking that both felt alluring and dangerous for him to do.

It's been eleven days since he's gone missing and so far so none of the sixteen foreign countries that have entered his border has located him; his radar displayed the names of each country, so he knew exactly who was searching for him. The only reason America was even bothered by this was because of three countries in particular—China, Russia, and North Korea.

It really didn't make sense to him why North Korea, out of all countries, was searching for him. Even for a sum of money, as large as it may be, shouldn't be bothersome to NK. Of course, it was very probable that the Korean country was here for a completely different reason, and America was clearly aware that he should probably be concerned about that.

Alas, he let the thought of it slip out of his mind pretty quickly. At the moment, he really couldn't care less—no, he even wanted unnecessary danger in his life, the adrenaline rush of it inviting him to do so.

China, on the other hand, was his main competitor in almost anything, so it makes sense to worry about him being the one to locate him. After all, America wasn't sure what the amount for his capture was set out to be. China was a sneaky one too, a country that kept all of his secrets to himself. He was a fun friend to compete with, but even America wouldn't be surprised to have him backstab him later someday.

Lastly, there's Russia. It's not as if he was a danger to America like the others were, but the U.S. did find it a tad bit strange why he out of all people would come in search for him. It's not like their history together has been the friendliest. They've only recently been starting to get along better, but it still didn't make any sense to him why Russia would be bothered by him either.

America snapped out of his trance, as he was finally handed the dice. After rolling and displaying a full house in his hands, America noted the strange fellow who sat across for him stand up and leave, while the others cursed in shock and complaints. The stranger looked too suspicious for America not to question, and without anyone noticing, America silently followed the slightly shorter person across the crowded casino.

He continued following him until the person clearly knew that they were being followed, and stopped in their tracks. They didn't turn around though. At that point, America was almost certain that this was another country. Why else would they cover themselves up in a place like this?

"So, which one of the sixteen countries are you, I wonder?" America asked, in an almost mocking voice.

The stranger didn't say anything and instead ran forward as fast as he could. From the way he was running, it was clearly obvious that this was a setup trap. At least that confirmed America's suspicions. He took out a cheap phone he bought from Walmart that could be discarded later and called up a few "friends" he hired for the night.

"You see him?" America eyed the hooded stranger. "Yeah, I'll be right there."

He left through the back door, where the two heavily built, dressed in black, men captured and carried the unknown country to. The entire scene was swift and quiet so nobody else really noticed what was going on.

The country struggled to get free with no success, kicking some trash bins in the process. The serene lighting the single standing light offered made the entire scene look eerie. America, paying no mind to it, walked over to the stranger and pulled their hood down.