Chapter 8 - This Is America

"Hit the brakes!!!"

Norway panicked, stepping on the left pedal as hard as he could. After a few futile attempts he yelled defensively, "I'm trying, it's not working!"

"The vehicle is breaking apart," Cyprus observed, eyeing the tattered wheel from the back that America had shot multiple times.

The car filled with panic and screams as the car swerved and screeched to the side, tailing closer to the end of the rail. Ireland held on to Cyprus and all five countries screamed, seeing as they were nearing the end of the bridge faster and faster.

"We're gonna die!" Ireland profoundly cried out and the boy held on tighter to him.

Norway shut his eyes, too frantic at the to do anything at the moment. Everyone was almost certain they were going to fall over the edge.

"Not if I can help it." Finland was fast enough to quickly lean over from the passenger seat and reel the wheel over to the right as hard and as fast as he could so that the friction of the tearing tires would be enough to stop the car right before the drop.

Only a few pebbles made it over the bridge, and they all let out a huge sigh of relief before scurrying out of the car.

...

3 hours earlier...

"So, I was able to track down where America is," Germany explained nonchalantly and grabbed his phone.

"Using what?" Russia asked.

"Google Maps."

"Oh," Russia scoffed, "How convenient."

"He's letting us follow him," Germany said, eyeing the little tick on the app moving towards a small town in California. He sighed, "Either that or he's dumb enough to have left his location on."

Russia chuckled, "Honestly, both choices sound probable."

"What if he's just luring us into a trap?" Poland asked.

"A trap? Is this gonna be like a Scooby Doo adventure?" Ireland asked with enthusiasm.

Finland blatantly replied, "No."

"He literally has nothing better to do than to play mind games with us," Germany added on. "But I'm almost certain it's safe to play this move to be honest."

"So now you're treating this like a game too?" Finland rose his voice. "Do we need a reminder of what's at stake here?" He asked, looking around the room. No one had anything to say as their heads lowered.

"That's why we're doing this. To stop this "game" of his at all costs." Germany opened up the same location that was on his phone onto his laptop, showing everyone the nearest location America would be at. "You six need to end up here before he does. Then we have a chance at cornering him."

"What about you?" Russia asked.

"What about me? I have to stay and help the other group."

"I'm staying too then. There's something I have to do first," Russia said, turning to the side.

"So it'll just be the five of us?" Norway asked.

"Sounds easy enough," Ireland said confidently.

...

The car in front stopped and America stepped out and shut the door behind him, clapping his hands in a sarcastic applause.

"I must say, I didn't expect you to get this far with half a car, fellas."