Chapter 13 - Twisted

It was a long and boring day as usual.

Germany had just sent out one of the groups to chase down America in California. He wasn't completely sure, but the record showed America around the same spot every day in the evening.

"I hope I didn't lead them to a dead end," he sighed, acknowledging the fact that America could be forging his location this whole time.

A sudden voice startled him. "You should worry about yourself first, don't you think?"

Germany panned his eyes over to the door frame America was leaning up against. He nonchalantly replied, "Well, that depends. Why are you here?"

"You know, as much as I love a good strategy, I'm afraid you're too much of an asset to my players."

"You still really think this is all a game, don't you?"

"Well, you'd maybe know if you were out there like the rest of them," America hummed. "How does it feel? Being locked up in here while everyone else is on their little adventure to find me?"

"I'm not locked up, I'm helping," Germany argued.

"Is that what you think?" America laughed. "You do realize the others are just using you like always, right?"

"Call it whatever you want, we're fixing you back to normal," he stated firmly.

"I'd be worried about more than just fixing me if I were you, because, soon, I won't be the only one who's going to be like this."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll tell you a secret," America giddily replied and motioned towards him. "Russia stole the duplicate vile-and yes, I do know about that." Germany nervously bit his bottom lip while America wandered his eyes around the bleak room.

"Now, I wonder, what will he do with it now that he has it?"

Germany panicked and rushed over to the lab to see that it was indeed missing while America continued just happily smiling behind him.

Shaking his head, he convinced himself otherwise, "Well, in any case, he wouldn't be dumb enough to actually drink it."

"That's the funny thing, I am convinced that he will. Desperation makes us do crazy things, after all," America said with confidence.

Germany frowned. "Desperation? What could be possibly desperate about?"

"Why, me, of course." America bowed as if he was in a performance.

Germany locked the empty case up and rolled his eyes. "I won't let that happen."

America waved his hand and his expression darkened. "See, I didn't exactly come here to reveal everything and expect you to keep a secret."

Germany scoffed, "I'm not afraid of you."

"You should be. I'm quite the monster in this story."

"Please. I've met plenty of actual monsters in my lifetime and you're nothing more than a joke compared to them."

America clicked his tongue. "I'd watch it, if I were you."

"-you might think you're oh-so-scary, revealing your darkest self, but you're still such a child America," Germany muttered in pure dissapointment. "You still have so much to learn about being an actual threat."

America could feel his anger fueling up inside him until something stopped him.

"What the hell..." he stopped, feeling a sharp hot pain go into his heart.