Chapter 12 - Hypocrite

The eery clouds shadowed over a high estate, a building that looked relatively abandoned and aged. Poland felt a shiver run down his spine as he looked up with worry glazed over his eyes.

"Are you sure this is the place?" he asked with a tremble in his voice. Cyprus noticed something and pointed towards the black car blocking the driveway.

"Look, isn't that his car?"

"It's the same one we saw earlier," Finland confirmed.

Looking around the bleak place, Norway scrutinized the situation. "If this is where he is, then why is there no one guarding it?"

"Wouldn't that make it obvious?" Poland asked.

From the back of the car, the four of them heard a sudden yell. "Hey guys, look what I found!" Ireland held up an old sign he picked up.

Norway squinted, and realized there was a another figure behind him. "Ireland? Wait there's someone—look behind you!"

"What—?"

Whoever it was, suddenly wrapped their arm around Ireland's mouth, making him squirm in panic.

"Who are you!? Show yourself!" Finland yelled, ready to fight.

The person suddenly released him. He pulled his hood down and huffed. "If I knew it was you idiots, I wouldn't have bothered," he grunted.

"Russia?" Poland blinked in surprise. They haven't seen him all day although America did mention him being nearby.

Russia scoffed, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We should be asking you that," Finland murmured. "Where the hell did you go?"

Russia rolled his eyes. "I got a head start. Not my problem you're all slow."

"Hey—"

Poland quickly interrupted them before any arguing started. "Did you see America?" he asked Russia.

"Nope. I thought this дурак was him." He leaned dangerously close to meet Ireland's height. "Next time, try not being so loud," he warned in a low voice.

Ireland said in defense, "I didn't mean to. I just thought the sign was cool." He pouted to himself and dropped it.

"Well, now I guess we're all working together again," Russia announced in a slightly irritated tone of voice. He took the rifle case off his back and asked, "So, who's got weapons on them?"

Everyone looked at each other in silence. After a few long stares and shrugs, Russia face-palmed himself in disbelief.

"You have to be fucking kidding me."

"In our defense, we kind of chose to do this last minute," Norway jumped in.

"You're going up against a murderous psychopath unarmed?"

They pondered on the thought, but the more they reflected on their actions, the more they realized how unplanned this all was.

Poland suggested, "I thought we could talk it out, maybe?"

"Fucking Europeans," Russia muttered to himself while loading up his rifle. "Use the back door and meet me inside," he instructed.

With that, he jumped through a small on the side of the house barely reachable by anyone with regular height.

"Should we go?" Ireland hesitantly asked.

"I don't know. Something seems off," Norway judged the situation.