Chapter 9

A/N This has not been edited.

Janella's pov

"Janella I must ask you again. Are you sure you want this?"

"Misty I'm sure. I admit I was questioning myself last night but after talking with Doctor Ethan and seeing how much he loved his mate I just knew I deserved better than what I was going through with Cam. I'm sure I deserve more than this pain. At least I hope I do. I keep telling myself to stay strong but sometimes it isn't that easy. Having a mate is supposed to complete you in ways you never dreamed it would. I never got to have that. Instead all I got was rejected. I'm tired Misty. I'm tired of fighting to be accepted... and let's face it if I can't be accepted by something that's meant to happen then I need to get rid of it as soon as possible. I'm trying so hard to be brave when all I want is to curl up in a ball and cry." A sniffle escaped her as she looked at the older woman. "I've always felt like there was something missing from my life. I don't know what it was but Cam..." her voice caught and she took a deep breath "Cam helped fill the emptiness I felt. I guess I thought it would always be there and when it wasn't I felt more alone than ever before."

Arms engulfed her. Soothing and loving. Arms that reminded her of her mother.

"So... let's do this." Janella pit on a nrave face as Misty moved away from her.

"Today is going to be worse than yesterday Janella. Today you remember the pains and burn them away."

"Oh... wow" Her face fell and she shuddered as she started to remember it all over again. She couldn't imagine drinking more of that tea! Evil drink that it was. Not that the memories had ever left her but sometimes it was easier to pretend nothing had happened and Cam hadn't left her.

"It's going to be tough my child but unlike yesterday I won't ask you to remember the bad times one by one. What you need to do is think of that one moment you felt your life destroyed the most."

Janella knew right away. The moment he rejected her. That was the moment everything fell into place. That was the moment she stopped dreaming of ever having him back. That was the moment she lost her best friend and her first great love.

"I can see that you know the answer."

Nellie nodded sadly with tears in her eyes.

"It hurts so so much" she whispered.

"Stay strong my child. This one memory will represent all the sad moments you felt because of Cam. You need to repeat these words after me and then tip the bowl slowly into the flame. As each herb burn the pain of memory will be taken away once the final part of the breaking has been completed."

Janella took a deep breath. She was determined to see this through no matter how much she felt shattered inside.
"This memory that brings me tears is no longer a part of my history. As it burns to ash it takes all the memories that caused me pain."

Once again she found herself at home in her room. The blinding light had once again brought her home. Picking up the pillow beside her she cried into it. She was feeling her heart break all at once as the memories flooded back to her and she felt hopeless. Her sobs lasted for hours.

.....

Cam pov

He could hear his parents talking with Doctor Ethan. The doc had been called to see his Nellie last night. No matter what she did she couldn't sleep. A laugh came from them all. That has to be a good sign...right? Janella must be ok.

His mind drifted to the past. He remembered the pain on her face so clearly. Each memory he thought of had hin wanting to reach out and hold her.

With each memory came a tinge, a tweak of pain within his chest. Finally, the twinges joined together and he couldn't breathe. His chest felt like it was being weighed down and someone had hit his heart with a jack hammer. No position he tried eased the pain inside him. He gasped for air as he clutched his chest. Eventually his breath was visably a problem. He gasped one more time and whispered "Mum".

The blackness took over and he slept clutching his chest just as his parents and Ethan burst into the room.

Soon they were joined by Misty once again. She walked silently to Cam and with a sigh she rested a gentle hand on his chest. Slowly the scowl upon his faced eased to where he was in a deep sleep. She turned to the three who were watching her every move.

"He really hurt her" she whispered "I saw the memories of the pain and each one ripped my heart shreds. "

Her cousin got up from the bedside where would pay constant vigil to wrap her arms around her. "Is that what today was all about? Painful memories?"

"Yes. He broke her heart long before the mate bond. How she coped...." Misty's tears were a shock to the men in the room. They never expected the moon goddess to break down like this. This was something new. Something neither wanted to see again... ever. Her next words however had them all chuckling.

"You will be called to Janella again. The herbs you need are on your desk.

Ethan smiled widely above the chuckles and explained that tea is an evil drink.

"Oh?

Between them they recounted the story that had them all smiling. Ethan's smile was wider than them all as he remembered the look of disgust and horror that lept from the depths of those crystal blue eyes that had him so captivated. He was actually looking forward to getting the call from Janella's mother. This time he would be more prepared.

"So what now Misty?" Paul asked. " Will my son be like this every day?"

"Cam is fighting the break. His head is more in charge but it's his heart that's ruling him in this. I wish I could tell you different. Tomorrow will be worse than this. "

"How the hell could anything be worse than this?!??!!"

"If Cam's reaction tomorrow is anything like the past days then his whole body will be involved." She looked at her cousin Clarice "I feel it would be better if we were to help him sleep beforehand. He'll still feel it up to a point but nothing like it could be if he were awake and feeling it."

Breaths were exhaled as they waited for the words that came next.

"You too shall have a brew to make up. Cam will have to drink it at noon, no later. Tomorrow is going to be almost as bad as the night of the full moon... and that I'm not looking forward to."

"What if Cam changes his mind? What if he accepts her as his mate?"

"She won't believe him. Too much has happened.

Paul spoke again "What will tomorrow bring?"

Misty sadly shook her head. "That's not for me to say although I shall say this... I never want any mates to go through this ever again."

She was gone. One moment she was there, the next she was gone.

A/N I know this is a little jumpy here and there but when I edit it will all come together properly.