Chapter 12

A/N this story isn't edited.

Ethan's pov

He didn't want to get the call. He hoped that for Janella's sake she got through the day ok but there was part of him that wanted to make sure. His wolf was restless with the need to go and see her. He'd become more than protective over her and his pacing back and forth within Ethans mind was more than disconcerting.

After coming home from the Alpha's home he'd held on to Holly for dear life. The conversation they had left them both emotionally exhausted. He knew he was becoming more involved than this than he should and when he told Holly he really cared for Nellie and wished he could take her pain away she smiled. Holly is an amazing woman. How many other she-wolfs would be so accepting? There he was saying he cared about another woman and she smiled, then she hugged him and said... "It's completely natural. You're forming a bond with her and being protective. You're helping her through the toughest time of her life, she needs to feel that care just as much as you need to give it. Remember this though.... we will find her. Where ever she goes we'll find her and bring her home. We won't stop looking till we know she's back home where she belongs."

Holly is the most amazing woman in the world and no matter what he would always be thankful for her. She was his other half, the better half. He could never  imagine life without her by his side.

"Ethan?"

He looked up into her gorgeous brown eyes.

"Marjorie called. Go. Make sure she's ok. You know you need to in order to calm yourself and your wolf."

He held her close. Breathing in her scent to calm himself down before he left knowing she'd be waiting to hold him close when he got home. Holly is an amazing woman.

.....

Walking up the stairs he felt intrepidation at what he might find. Nellies mum looked like she'd been crying when she opened the door. Talking with her about Nellie had only made his wolf more determined to get to her.

"Knock knock!" He called as he put on a brave face entering the open door. What he saw shattered him in two.

Janella was sitting on the end of her bed, a silver knife in her hand holding it above the other ready to slice the veins of her wrist.

Ethan crouched down setting his bag on the floor. "Nellie" he said hoarsely "please look at me sweetheart."

"I give in. I can't do this any more."

She sat looking at the knife with fingers trembling. "I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for baby?"

"I thought I'd fooled my mum into thinking I was ok. Instead here you are again."

"I'm always going to be here for you Nellie..."

"You should be with your mate."

"Look at me sweetheart."

"No."

He took in how far the knife was from her wrist and knew he could easily stop her from harming herself using the speed of his wolf.

"Look at me."

She slowly shook her head.

"I can't."

"Why not?" he carefully edged a little closer.

"I'm a failure."

"Not to me."

"I am. I tried to be strong but I'm more pathetic than ever."