Chapter 8: The Calm

Kengkla woke up with a throbbing pain in his head. Last night was a haze. He remembered Techno being there and they kind of talk but not really because he doesn't remember a thing. But a smile came across Kengkla's face when he turned around and saw a sleeping Techno beside him. So in the least, Techno was really there, he wasn't just imagining things. Kengkla would've moved but he didn't because Techno's arms were still around his waist and Kengkla wanted to remain in their position a little longer. But minutes later Techno started to wake up.

The first thing Techno saw when he woke up was a pair of puppy eyes staring at him. Techno panicked as he realized he's literally wrapped around Kengkla and he started to move away from the younger. But he didn't have the chance to get away as Kengkla grabbed his left hand and pulled him closer.

"Good morning P'," Techno swore he could cry at how deep Kengkla's morning voice was, the bed hair and puppy eyes wasn't helping his heart either. Techno could've just stared at the younger for a whole hour but he realized he probably looked stupid right now.

"Morning. Are you okay now?" Techno managed to ask.

"Hmm... my head hurts a little but it's bearable. I'm a little hungry tho."

Techno found it as a chance to get up. It's not that he doesn't want to stay with Kengkla but this whole situation was just making him so weak he doesn't know what to do so he better get out from there.

"Let's grab breakfast then. Get up", Techno says as he offered his hands for the younger to get up.

"I shouldn't have said anything. I wanted to stay in bed a little longer", Kengkla says but took Techno's hands anyway.

Techno pushed Kengkla towards the bathroom, "Okay you use the bathroom first".

"Why don't we just use it at the same time?" Kengkla asks innocently.

Techno felt all the blood rushing to his face. Freaking!! Why am I easily embarrassed?

Kengkla saw Techno's face and laughed inside. "Oh come on P' it's not like we're going to take our clothes off in there."

"I ... I didn't ... say anything .. what .." but before Techno could protest Kengkla pulled him inside the bathroom.

The two boys brushed their teeth and washed their face with no words from each other. But the comfortable silence was enough for them. For two hearts that have been away for too long, this was more than fine.

After changing their clothes the two went out to eat breakfast. It was quarter to 10 in the morning and the sun was comfortably hitting their skin as they walked towards a fast food restaurant nearby.

 It was quarter to 10 in the morning and the sun was comfortably hitting their skin as they walked towards a fast food restaurant nearby

"P' couldn't you think of a healthier breakfast?" Kengkla complains as they sat down with their food; a bucket of chicken, large fries, cheeseburger, and iced coffee.