Prologue: A wild(?) little dragon appears!

[Heyooooo, Edit from 14.03.21! Decided to make some edits on these chapters before re-publishing the story again. Keep reading to find out~ And they'll probably also be in another Edit Interlude in the AN down below]

(Now unto the actual chapter!)

Y/N - Your Name

L/N - Last Name

H/C - Hair Color

E/C - Eye Color

F/C - Favorite Color

N/N - Nickname

(M/N , F/N - Mother's Name , Father's Name)

Our story begins somewhere in the remote woods of Remnants, somewhere on the outskirts of the Kingdom of Vale.

The sun was beginning to set as it cast an orange glow on the forest. Deep in this forest however, was a house.

It wasn't anything fancy. A normal sized house, but the fact it was so far from civilization made it curious.

Inside on of the windows, a dim light could be seen. The light belonged to a small room where a young boy slept peacefully, releasing a light snore every now and again.

The boy seemed to be around 8 or maybe 9 years old. He had long (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes, however one couldn't tell, as the boys eyes were closed.

An interesting feature to the boy however, were the light colored reptilian scales on his face, starting right under his eyes. They weren't that visible usually, but with his hair sprawled on the pillow, it revealed not only the scales on his face, but also a few small white horns protruding from behind his ears.

Another addition to these strange features, was a short and fairly thick reptilian tail which twitched under the blanket from time to time.

The boy slept peacefully, clutching a small plushie of a chibi dragon.

But then, the door knob began rattling slightly, before the door opened suddenly.

*thud-!*

As it did, a woman fell to her knees in the room.

She had long, wavy blonde hair and a pale complexion. Her emerald green eyes were opened wide with panic and concern, as she clutched her chest tightly through her light blue cardigan.

Her body was shaking and there was a little sweat dripping down her face as she tried to make her way to the night stand on the other side of the room. Her breathing was laboured and in her other hand she clutched an empty bottle of medicine.

Doing her best not to disturb the child's peaceful slumber, she managed to reach the nightstand and pulled on one of the drawers.

"..!" but as she glanced inside, she only saw a few other empty bottles of medicine. Seeing this, she paled as her breathing become even more laboured and she slowly sunk to the floor.

'N-No...I forgot t-this was my last b-bottle of m-medication-' the woman's train of thought was cut short when she began coughing up blood, her face growing paler by the minute.

Her eyelids began growing heavy suddenly. Feeling this, the woman released a short breath and shakily pulled out a Scroll from her short pocket.

She only pushed a single button on the screen, causing a beeping sounds to come from the device, before her hand fell to the floor.

Slowly turning her head toward the bed, she mustered up the last of her strength to crawl over to the young boy.

Shakily reaching her hand over, she gently stroked the boy's face while a sad smile appeared on her face.