Prologue

September 2nd, 1998

Everything was as it should've been that morning for the youngest Mikaelson. She enjoyed a breakfast with Niklaus before getting ready to go out with her current boyfriend, Ty.

Ty had no clue what Lia was, at least that's what Lia and Nik has believed. He lied to the siblings easily and gained their trust quickly. He had to lie well, he was risking his life every time a lie slipped through his mouth and to the Mikaelsons. He was a Gemini witch, sent by his coven to help capture the Original Heretic. It was a dangerous game he was playing, especially with Lia and her older brother.

When the boy arrived to pick up the Heretic, Nik could immediately tell something was up with him. His trust for the boy disappeared the minute he stepped into the Mikaelson's large apartment in the center of Brooklyn.

When his sibling left with Ty, he followed the two, having a bad feeling about the boy. However, Lia was completely oblivious to the love of her life's nervousness. Niklaus followed the two into a secluded park. Ty had dragged the girl to a small clearing that was surrounded by trees. The Hybrid could see the witches that surrounded the clearing and he became panic stricken.

The moment Lia was having with her boyfriend was cut short as chanting erupted around her. She whipped around, watching with panicked eyes as Gemini witches stepped into her view. The vampire looked to her boyfriend only to see he had a guilty look as he chanted along with his coven, backing away from her. Pain began ripping through her body and she fell to her knees, glaring at the boy she loved.

Lia's eyes found Nik's as he tried to rush toward her, only to be magically knocked out by a witch. She cried out and screamed, falling to her side. The Heretic gripped her body as white light clouded her vision, knocking her out and sending her to the 1994 Prison World.

(A/N I always feel like I write prologues better than I write the actual stories but whatever. So this is the start of my Kai Parker story. The idea for the story was given to me by the user CaitlinVictoriaxo, so a big thanks to her)