Chapter Six

One month in the Prison World

Lia didn't see Kai for the rest of night, in fact, she didn't see him the next day either. The vampire needed to take a breather from the boy. She wasn't angry that he had brought up Alex, but she was angry that many memories of her old friend that resurfaced. Even though it had been 80 years since she had last seen the vampire, she missed him dearly.

Alex was very important to the immortal and she kept her connections to make sure he was safe in her absence. She believed he was able to take care of himself,  but she still worried.

The next morning, Kai joined her in the court yard, sitting opposite of the vampire.

"So an idea struck me," he started.

She peered at the boy, a small smirk on her face, "What is it?"

"What if we took turns asking each other questions, so that we have something to do," he explained.

"Sure," she answered, glancing down at her grimoire again.

"Cool, but I get to go first," Kai said.

Lia shrugged, not caring very much, even though the previous night she claimed she would ask a question next.

"What happened between you and that vampire? Gosh what was his name again? Aaron? Anthony? Austin-" he questioned before she cut him off.

Lia laughed lightly, "Alex, very funny Kai."

He smirked.

"When my family and I were forced to leave this city, he didn't want to leave with us. To be fair he did spend 800 years running with us. Alex considered this city his home along with Marcel. I didn't have time to convince him and I haven't seen him in like 80 years." The vampire explained with a smile that was almost sad.

"Who's Marcel?"

"Not answering that, it's my turn," she moved the book to the coffee table in between them. "Why did you get locked in this prison world?"

"Well after twenty two years of family betrayal and abuse I decided to kill all of them, well almost all of them," he explained sounding bored.

Part of him expected her to be disgusted and spit awful words at him, but instead she nodded.

"They sound like the type to deserve it," she said with no remorse.

Kai had to force himself to not react, to act like he didn't care when he just heard from the one person who took his side. It made sense when he put it together in his head. Lia had lived with her family for 1000 years and he couldn't imagine the family betrayals that she had experienced.

"So, who's Marcel?"

"A vampire my brother turned in the 1800s. My brother Klaus, he treats him like a son," Lia said.

Kai silently chuckled at the girl when he noticed her glaring at the ground like if staring at it hard enough would make Marcel manifest so she could stomp him out.

"Who didn't you kill?"

He knew what she was referring to and shook is head.

"I'm from the gemini coven," he admitted. "So I can't kill my father until I lead it. I couldn't kill my twin sister because I need to merge with her. And I have two younger siblings that are twins that my twin hid from me," he explained emotionless.

She simply nodded. Most people would hate him for doing what he did, Lia didn't know if he had killed kids but she didn't really care. The vampire didn't know his family and there was more blood on her hands than there would ever be on his.

If hell was real and the vampire ever died that's where she would end up. She was ruthless to put it nicely. When her and Kol were together, they could massacre entire villages without a care in the world. So, who was she to judge Kai.

"Why don't you like Marcel?"

"He was a nice kid growing up actually. Very bright and intelligent. Before he was turned and was still a teenager I spent quite a bit of time with him. But, things changed, he was turned and he was basically Klaus 2.0. And trust me there's a lot wrong with Klaus."

Kai almost laughed.

She continued, "Klaus treated Marcel better than he treated his actual family. Over the recent centuries, if Marcel wasn't the cause of my siblings being put to sleep for decades, he at least helped Klaus do it."

She used the term sleep simply because she didn't trust him with the information to put her family away.

"Sounds like a dick," Kai said.

Lia nodded, "Its a mutual dislike though, he helped put my brother Kol down, so I almost killed him." Suddenly feeling hungry, she stood.

"I'm going to go get a drink, it's my turn when I get back though," she walked away.

(A/N)
Wow i haven't updated in a minute. Sorry about that. I'm going to work on playlist for this story. I'll try to start updating more. Once again i'm sorry. <3