Chapter One // The Strongest Willed are the Weakest Overall // Daily Life 3

"Ahem, this is a school announcement. It is now 7 A.M. and thus, nighttime is officially over. Most doors in the town are now unlocked! Have a nice day! Hope you don't get murdered!"

I stretched and yawned, forcing my eyes open.

Remembering my plans with Chikako and Taeko, I groaned. I was too tired, to be perfectly honest. I did not sleep well.

Anyway, I couldn't cancel. It'd give me a distraction from the motive video and I'd get some well-needed exercise.

Packing my bags and grabbing a bowl of cereal, I walked to the auditorium with Kimika.

Chikako was standing on the stage with a peice of paper.

"Ok! Time for roll-call!" She yelled, like a teacher trying to yell over a class of kids.

Nobody listened to her.

"Guys, time for roll-call!" She yelled again. "Guys!"

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Yelled Taeko, before coughing.

Everyone shut up.

"Who was that?!" Genki yelled.

"Taeko isn't sure. They sounded angry~" Taeko smiled. Nobody knew it was her.

"Okay, Taeko?"

"Here."

"Issei?"

"Here."

"Zenzo?" She paused. "Not here..." she mumbled, crossing his name off. "Fuyuko?"

"Here." I said.

"Haruhi?"

"Here."

She continued with the list. Yoshi, Omi and Ari weren't there.

"I bet they're dead." Issei sarcastically said.

"Nah, Omi's just a bitch." Genki said. "Ari And Zenzo hate everyone and Yoshi's a loser."

"Those are some...in-depth evaluations." Kimika retorted.

"Yeah, I know." Genki smiled, unable to pick up on the sarcasm.

"Genki, are actually brain-dead?" Haruhi jokingly said.

"No, I'm alive."

"Dear god..." Haruhi facepalmed.

Some mindless chatter was had and after the meetup, Chikako, Taeko and I walked to the gym and into the area leading up to the pool changing area.

"This is gonna be great! I've not been swimming in I-don't-know how long!" Chikako chirruped, skipping slightly as she went.

Just after the door behind us closed, it opened again. Ari and Yoshi opened it again. They both carried bags filled with swimming outfits.

"We have arrived!" Yoshi declared.

"Ari? Are you also swimming?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I decided that it may be...good...to spend time with you people. Yoshimichi joining me, was however an unintended consequence of my decision." Ari had trouble admitting that she wanted to get to know us better, and I'm not Zenzo, but I think she was telling the truth.

"That's great!" I chuckled. "Should we go in?"

"Taeko's exited!" Taeko cheered, running into the room.

The changing room was dark, the cubicles had a yellow colour and were lined along the four sides of the room. It was almost like a donut, with the lockers in the middle of the donut.

"We should all get changed at opposite corners of the room. Takeo, bottom right. Chikako, top right. Yoshi, over there" Ari almost shouted, pointing towards the left corner of the room, which was dark and poorly-lit.

"Oh. Okay." He said, visually offended, hanging his head as he walked towards where Ari pointed him.

"One of us will take the top right, and the other will get changed in between two others.

"I'm gonna get changed in this corner." I said, so they would know to not try to enter.

I turned towards the nearest cubicle, my hand on the door. Those were my last few seconds truly away from despair.

When I looked into the cubicle I saw...

(This Video is old. Their design, as well as my art skills, have changed/improved.)

Then I screamed.

A/N: This chapter was short on purpose. Don't shoot me. The investigation will be long(er).

Also, how do you feel about the death?

Remaining Residents: 15
Omi Kobayashi - DEAD END

Remaining Residents: 15 Omi Kobayashi - DEAD END