Epilouge

"And that's how it happened." I said, sighing. Taeko and Genki nodded their heads. "Or, at least, that's how I remember it."

"Right..." I had a feeling he didn't believe me, his judgemental stare at myself, Taeko and Genki.

"Uh, do you not believe us? It was literally all live streamed." Genki defended us

"I know, but the stream was cut as soon as the third detonator was pressed." The investigator said.

"That doesn't sound like our problem! Are you useless?"

"I know you've had a hard time, but that's quite disrespectful." He stood up, and left the room, seemingly unshaken by the story we had just told. "Oh, and Meiko Iragashi sends her apologies from prison." The door clicked shut behind him.

"Yeah, like that changes anything." Genki scoffed to himself.

Taeko sighed to herself. "That was a waste of time."

"I don't think it was a complete waste. They needed to get a statement." I paused, looking at Genki and Taeko who stared back. "Okay, so maybe it was a little bit of a complete waste." I admitted.

"Literally all we learned was that Chikako's body was never found." Genki said.

"Well, there's no way after being shot three times and having a whole building fall on her she actually escaped. We saw how the town hall just kinda...fell." I said.

"I guess, but it's weird."

Taeko sighed. She'd changed quite a bit. Chikako's complete betrayal took a toll. The difficulty of the killing game itself forced Sei into dormancy, as she called it.

We didn't really live anywhere at the time, and I hadn't even seen my mother since the end of the killing game, although I was promised a date would be set soon, the second they got her to Yokohama.

Taeko and Genki lived in the same apartments they had before the killing game, which were quite close to each other, although they spent almost every second with each other, and with myself, even though I lived in the hospital.

"We should go. We'll catch up later, okay?" Genki said.

"Bye, Fuyuko." Taeko waved, almost smiling, which she hadn't done very much since Yuzuru died. June must've known Chikako was the mastermind, or at least thought. That's why she was always so tired or sick, because she knew.

But maybe not. That's the thing, there are so many thing's I'll never know about Chikako. The sixth trial was so messy, and I tuned out so hard I couldn't even hear her.

Genki waved a goodbye, which showed off the burn scars on his arm he'd gotten from running into a burning and exploding house to save me, and I was hit with guilt.

I looked over to the bags next to the door. Apparently it's the stuff Genki managed to recover from the rubble in the house, so the pictures of Kimika I'd grabbed and my flute.

The clothes I was wearing that day had been lost, which wasn't a huge loss. What had been recovered though, was the necklace I took from Kimika.

I got up from my bed, removed my hearing aid and looked at myself in the mirror. Apparently the explosion was enough to deafen me in the left ear, and severely damage my right. So now I'm half-blind and half-deaf. Wow!