Chapter Three // Intergalactic • Moron • Super • Computer // Daily Life

I opened my eyes and yawned loudly, rubbing my eyes and standing up.

Downstairs, I realised that Kimika wasn't even awake yet. I poked my head out of the window and the lights in most houses were out, or at least the boys' houses, so I was likely the only one awake. Weird feeling.

I'd beaten the morning announcement for the first time, so I decided to take advantage of that by giving the house a clean. It wasn't messy, but there were definitely improvements needed.

I ate some cereal, got myself dressed and gave the countertops a once-over, and got rid of the trash.

'Where does the trash go?' I asked myself, stopping before placing the bag in the large bin.  'I put it in one day, and the next it's gone.'

My thoughts were interrupted by the morning announcement, which snapped me back into reality. 'It's a town run by a living teddy bear, it's not that important.'

Back inside, Kimika walked down the stairs. "Oh. You're up early," she began. "Why's that?"

"Not sure." I shrugged, and my eHandbook vibrated.

"That'll be about the motive, right?" Kimika asked rhetorically.

"Probably. I've already eaten, but I'll wait for you."

"No, that's fine." She shook her head.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be lonely."

"I mean if you really want to..."

I smiled and took a seat on the sofa, and we made small talk for a while.

On the way to the town hall, we heard a shrill screaming from behind us. "NOOO!!"

We turned sharply, to see Chikako sprinting full-speed down the road, gripping tightly onto Taeko's arm, dragging her along.

"MOVE!!" She pushed us out of the way, sweat dripping down her face.

Confused, Kimika and I followed after her, and in the auditorium, Chikako was sitting on a seat and breaking heavily. "Had to beat you, Y'know?"

I nodded, partially out of fear and concern. Chikako took a deep breath and fixed a strand of hair that had come undone.

A short while passed and everyone arrived, and Taeko left to collect Yoshi.

"Hello, everybody!" Yoshi shouted, and he was met with groans of annoyance.

"Well," began Monokuma, arriving behind Taeko and Yoshi, which gave me and everyone else a huge fright. "I personally don't think that replying to him like that is necessary. 'Love thy neighbor' or some shit like that."

"Exactly!" Yoshi shouted.

"Yeah, don't get too excited, we have some more stuff to go through."

He climbed upon the stage.

"Soooo, it's the last day of the motive!! If no murder is committed by midnight tonight, your secrets are released to the world and your weaknesses exposed to the grou-"