Los Resultados

"Hello, I'm here to pick up the results for a paternity test for Martin Jimenez." Martin said as he was being attended by the lady in the front desk.

"Yes, I'll print out the results." She said clicking keys on the keyboard of her computer. She didn't bother glancing up to see who it was.

"Can I get two copies, please." He asked in his most white voice. He knew that if he showed Paloma one set of results, she would do whatever possible to destroy them to hide the truth from coming out.

The emotions he felt the second he saw the results allowed him to breath out the breath he didn't even know he was holding in. Utter relief flowed through him knowing that he was right all along.

Martin Jimenez is 99.9% the biological father or said child, Valeria Bruno.

She was his.

Holy fuck.

She looked too much like him for her not to be his, she had his eyes, nose, attitude, and color of hair when he had it longer as a child.

He couldn't wait to rub it in Victor's face that he was right all along about her being his daughter. Now he had to find a way to throw it in Paloma's face.

~~~

"Now, how are you gonna do this? Are you just gonna go in there and yell at her for keeping this a secret? Or talk to her?" Victor asked as they sat in Martin's Camaro across the street from the house Paloma was currently residing in. Martin made sure to call him stupid for doubting him in the first place. Then proceeded to do a small happy dance internally because his plan to get Paloma was going into effect.

"I have no idea, I didn't think this far in," Martin admitted as he watched the birds fly over the car, free to do whatever they please. Most people looked at them in envy because they had no strings attached to them but he always understood that God put obstacle in people's way so they could compare them to the good. And he never put anything they couldn't handle, it's simply a challenge, not the end of the world.

"Well, you better come up with something because here she comes." Victor said and Martin's head snapped towards the house and saw the BMW pulling into the driveway of the house. Paloma and Octavio climbed out and Martin could feel his heart skip a beat. He hadn't seen her for 18 years and he still felt like when he first laid eyes on her. That was the moment he realized why he couldn't hold down a steady relationship with any woman that couldn't compare to the love of his life: because he had never gotten over her.

Martin made the mistake of continuing to stare at her like he had been locked away for thousands of years and to escape and see the stars for the first time in his life. 

Paloma had felt a strong gaze on her back and turned to the source of the look and instantly recognized the car across the street. The wind was knocked out of her within milliseconds much like the first time she had lost Valeria at the supermarket. Only this time she could lost her daughter forever if he saw her and recognized similar facial features to his.

But when he looked at her in the face, a tidal wave overcame him of anger knowing that his daughter was calling another man dad even though she was his baby, not that puto.

She turned quicker than even she could fathom when she heard the front door of the house open with Valeria's voice ringing calling out for her mother to see if she had finally picked out a coffin for her abuelita. And at the same moment the drivers side of Martin's Camaro opened up to unleash the truth she had shielded her daughter from. Trying to protect her from knowing who her biological father was so she wouldn't be affiliated with Los Santos.