Chapter 9

Here's the update you guys wanted! Sorry it took so long to update again, school had me crazy busy, but hopefully since it's now summer I'll have more time to write.

Sophia's P.O.V

A couple of days ago was when the incident happened and since then Ceasar has come to visit me every day until I figured things out with my father and what to do about going to be 'Luna' of Ceasar's pack (that was one of the new wolf terms I've learned).

The only difference was that today was Monday and that meant only one thing: school. I go to Meade Highschool as a Senior and afterschool I practice for our school's swim team. Ceasar usually visits around 2:00 so this will be a fun surprise for him since I keep forgetting to get his number to text him, but oh well. What could be the worst that could happen?

Time Skip to 2:00

Ceasar's P.O.V.

I had just arrived at Sophia's house when my wolf, Darrien, and I noticed that something felt strange.

"Darrien why does it feel so off here?" I asked. He response was not one that I expected 'Sophia isn't here, her scent is too faint.' I quickly ran up to her front door and started banging on it like a madman.

Alpha Joseph answered the door with a very confused expression. "Why the hell are you slamming on my door so violently Ceasar?"I starred at him with a shocked expression; how could he not realize that his daughter was missing?!

"Where's Sophia?" I asked with some harshness in my tone.

Alpha Joseph gave me a deadpan look. "It's Monday so she's at school; where else would she be?" I instantly felt like an idiot, I completely forgot that she might have school since I graduated a year and a half ago.

I quickly got the information about where her school was and started heading out when Sophia's father stopped me before I could pull out of the driveway "Just know that by the time you'll get there the school day will most likely be over, so go look for her at the indoor pool for practice." I gave him a curt nod and was on my way to see Sophia.

Time Skip to Ceasar arriving at Meade Higghschool's practice pool

Ceasar's P.O.V.

As soon as I entered the building my senses were overwhelmed by the smell of chlorine, multiple packs, and rouges.

I pushed through the crowded hallways full of athletes at the indoor pool searching for Sophia, following her scent as best as I could through all the other scents. After a little bit I turned a corner and saw a lifted seating area for other to watch the swimmers down below. I sat down in the front row and peered out across the pool deck looking for Sophia until I spotted her; she was in an all black speedo fast-suit (as pictured above), black goggles, and a yellow swim cap that had 'Meade Travel Swim Team' on the side.

I watched as she talked with her coach and team while they learned about what they were gonna do for practice. She then climbed up on the diving block, dove in, and quickly started her laps with the others following soon after. I watched in awe as she swam so gracefully with such speed that it was almost like she was a part of the water. This went on for an hour and a half until the coach blew his whistle and all of the swimmers got out and headed towards the locker rooms.

Sophia's POV

I was finishing up packing up my practice bag and changing into regular clothes when Alexis tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hey Sophia! I was wondering when we were gonna have that date of ours?" Alexis said while we walked out of the locker room and put her arm around my shoulder.

I giggled and turned towards her so that our faces were close "A couple complications have come up with my home life so I'm not completely sure, I'm sorry." She opened her mouth to say something else but shut it quickly and started sniffing the air then me. "Um Alexis what're you doing?" I asked as I took a step back.

She looked at me with a face of confusion "Why do you smell like people from the Grey Moon pack? Did your dad finally tell you everything? I'm sorry for all these questions, but Alpha gave the pack orders to make sure you didn't know you were a wolf and now you smell as if you've been mingling with a pack far from here." I stood there overwhelmed, processing everything that was just said in the last minute. Before I could say anything there was a growl that ripped through the air of the athletic hall. A hush fell over everyone while people grouped towards others and some growled back. I leaned towards Alexis to get some insight on what was happening as we waited for the hall to clear and gain sight of who growled "Alexa what's happening? I'm so confused."

She looked at me with worry and began to whisper "There seems to be a foreign alpha somewhere here and he doesn't seem to be too happy. Everyone has grouped together with others in their packs and rogues have grouped together as well since most of them are friends." When she finished I saw a brooding figure out of the corner of my eye, we both snapped our heads to see who it was and when I tell you I was surprised would be an understatement. It was Caesar and he was pissed. I'd completely forgot he was coming to see me today! As he walked closer to me and Alexa his eyes darkened and his voice got slightly deeper.

"You better back away from Sophia because she's MINE, and I won't let some pup try to take her."

Oh. Shit.