Chapter 14

Sophia's P.O.V.

The entire car ride was spent with Caesar questioning me about Will? Why was he trying to be my friend? Who did he protect me from? Why did I pick him up for school? The list goes on and on.

When I got home I saw that Caesar's car was parked in front of my house, I guess he must've run to my school in wolf form.

Eventually, I convinced him to go home since I needed to go to the gym and blow off some steam.

As I was driving to the gym one thought kept popping into my head, 'What was Will going to ask me before Caesar got there?'

Pulling up to the gym I checked in and went to the locker room. The next few hours were uneventful; I went through a couple of circuits and had decided to end my workout by lifting some weights then running on the treadmill.

I started my bench set when I heard someone clear their throats. I placed the bar onto the rack and sat up to see Mark standing there.

"Hey Sophia, need a spotter?" I shrugged and nodded my head. Since I came to the gym alone I didn't have anyone to spot me while lifting and I was too lazy to ask a stranger.

Mark's eyes widened with surprise when he saw that I was lifting 145 lb for a warm-up. Eventually, I made it up to 210 lb, lifting was one of my favorite things to do at the gym so I easily was able to grow strong enough for heavier and heavier weights.

By the time I was done with my set sweat was dripping down my forehead. Nothing like testing your max after swim practice.

In the end, I decided against running on the treadmill, so Mark and I walked out of the gym. Apparently, he got there when I was halfway done with my circuits. Eventually, we reached my car and he turned to talk to me.

"Hey Sophia, I was wondering if you'd wanna come to hang with me, Jacob, and Will in like an hour? Since our original plans for today, you know, kinda got messed up." He let out a slightly nervous chuckle and scratched the back of his neck.

I mulled over the thought. 'What would Caesar do if he found out I was hanging with them? Wait, I shouldn't let him dictate my life. I'm gonna be friends with who I want.'

I gave Mark a big smile, "Of course! Just text me when and where I'll cya later."

With that, I got into my car and started jamming to music on the ride how. While at a stoplight I was fidgeting with my key necklace, an old habit I've created, and saw that the dark emerald green gem in the middle was now a slightly lighter green.

It's hard to notice if you weren't paying attention, but I've had this key for as long as I can remember and that makes it easier to tell.

—————

(A/N M = Mark and S = Sophia for when they're texting)

DING

I had just finished washing my sweaty body when my phone went off with a text notification. As I responded to the text I slowly dried off and got dressed.

M: 'Hey Soph, the boys and I are meeting at the movies to watch Annabel pt.2 and it starts at 7:30. Hopefully we'll see you there!'

I checked the clock as I slid on some comfy shorts; 6:23 pm. Shoot I better hurry.

S: 'Okay! I just got out of the shower so I'll get dressed and hurry down there to meet y'all Cya soon.'

I quickly slipped on some shoes before leaving a note for my dad telling him where I went. Grabbing my wallet and keys, I left for the movies.

————

I pulled into a spot and started getting out. Once I closed the door and turned around I felt myself getting squished in a group hug.

I drained my neck up to see Mark, Will, and Jacob all towering over me with goofy smiles. I gave them a hug back and we started to head off to the movie.

Apparently, Mark had planned ahead and preordered tickets online so we could just head in. The boys grabbed some food from the concessions area before Jacob ran up to us all and linked our arms together so that now we were in a large line before he got too excited and ran ahead to get to our seats.

I let out a small laugh and looked at Mark, "I sometimes wondering if Jacob is actually 8." We laughed a little and then I turned to look at Will.

He had a stoic expression on his face while looking forwards. I nudged him in his side and his hard eyes snapped down to mine before they softened a little.

I stopped Will and pulled him to the side of the hall to talk, Mark ran ahead to make sure that Jacob was okay.

"Hey Will, what's wrong? you've been awfully quiet this whole time and looked angry the moment we stepped inside." I looked at him patiently waiting for an answer.

He let out a deep sigh and rubbed his face in his hands, "It's hard to explain Sophia. A couple of things have happened recently that confuse me and I don't know what to do."

I reached over and took his hands off his face and kept them in my grasp. "Will, always remember that no matter what you're going through, I'll always be here for you. Whether you want advice on something or just need someone to vent to just know that you'll always have me."

Some emotion quickly flashed through his eyes, but as fast as it was there it was gone. He silently pulled me into a hug and we stayed there for a couple of minutes enjoying the silence.

Eventually, we let go and started walking into the theater room where Mark and Jacob were waiting.

The seats at this theater weren't normal, single-person seats, they were couches that people could use armrests to separate portions into space for their own little groups.

Jacob and Mark were sitting towards the far right of the couch so I sat next to them and had Will to my left.

The movie started and reality hit me; I was terrified. Have I ever told you guys how much I hate horror movies? No? Well, you're about to find out.

———————

Author's Note

Heyo! It's been a little while since I've updated this story and I wanted to say that I'm sorry about that. I've been recently feeling really inspired to keep updating one of my other books called "Home. Sweet. Mafia" (it doesn't have a lot of likes so if you guys could maybe check it out then that would be appreciated). It's the first non-werewolf story I have on my story and I'm excited to see how it pans out.

ANYWAYS, hopefully I'll be able to get another update for "The Key" out soon! Until then, I hope you guys have an amazing day/night/whatever-time-it-is-for-you and I'll see y'all in the next chapter, byeeeee!