Chapter 13

Sophia's P.O.V.

After showing the guys to the bleachers I headed down to the pool deck, quickly putting on my cap and pulling my goggles so that they sat on my head and would be easier to pull down when I would get onto the diving block.

Practice consisted of endurance training with us doing a lot of long course sets where we had to pace ourselves, as well as quick short distance sets with short intervals causing little time to recover. Throughout the entire practice Jacob, Mark, and Will would cheer me on and goof off on the bleachers.

By the end of practice we were all gasping for air while laying on the pool deck and joking.

I saw Alexis and gave her a small smile. Both her and Jon, one of my other teammates, came over to me and we started talking about the swim meet coming up.

Eventually we all went into the locker rooms to change. When I got out I saw Will, Jacob, and Mark all leaning giants the wall with girls surrounding them. They looked bored with what the girls were saying, but when they saw me their faces lit up and they pushed trough the group to walk over to me.

"Was watching me practice as fun as you all thought." I let out a small laugh.

Mark and Jacob started talking between themselves about how it was amazing that all of the swimmers cut through the water like it was nothing, but Will just stared at me.

When I finally met his gaze he gave me a smile. "You kicked ass in the pool. Barely anyone could keep up with your pace."

"Thanks!" We started walking to the parking lot and when we were almost at our cars I felt a leg stick out from one of the girls nearby and tripped.

Will quickly caught me and pulled me up. I looked up and then realized how close we were.

He leaned in slightly. "Sophia, can I ask you something..." He trailed off and started looking between my eyes and my lips; his eyes slowly darling by the minute.

Before I could respond I felt an arm wrap around my waist and rip me away from Will, pulling me flush against the strangers chest. I soon realized who it was from the sparks that went off when my back hit his chest.

I turned and faced an unhappy Caesar glaring daggers at Will. "Watch it bud, she's my mate not yours."

Will let out a soft growl. "That doesn't mean I can't be friends with her."

"Yeah, you sure seemed to be real 'friendly' with her a minute ago. Stop trying to steal my mate just because yours is gone."

A feral growl vibrates out of Will's chest and Mark quickly grabbed me by my wrist so that I wouldn't be stuck between the two angry Alphas. They both kept taking steps towards each other until they were a foot apart.

Caesar raised his fist and was ready to swing when I jumped out of Mark's grasp and in between the two of them, grabbing Caesar's fist right before it could hit Will.

They both looked at me with shock as if they didn't expect me to match their strength. I gently put Caesar's hand down next to his arm.

"Caesar, babe, there's no reason to fight Will. It's like with Alexis-" He let out a soft growl at the mention of her name and I rolled my eyes. "-Will is my friend and he helped me out with someone who was bullying me the other day. You have nothing to worry about."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms about my waist and pulled me closer until there was no space between us, and nuzzles his face in my neck taking deep breaths.

After a minute a let go and held his face in my hands and looked into his arms. They had finally gone back to their natural grey color and I let out a breath of relief that I didn't even know I was holding.

I turned towards Jacob, Mark, and Will; making direct eye contact with each of them until my eyes landed on Will's. For some reason I couldn't look away.

"I'm sorry you guys, I know y'all wanted to hang out but I need to bring Caesar back to my house to calm him down more before yesterday repeats itself."

They gave me small smiles and Will's eyes held sadness. I carefully walked over to him and gingerly gave him a hug. Caesar let out a low growl and I turned to face him while still hugging Will.

"Hush, let me comfort my friend." He looked away annoyed but let me continue. I felt Will's arms go around me as he pulled my closer and rest his chin on my head. "What was Caesar talking about when he mentioned your mate?"

Will's eyes darkened slightly but when I hugged him again they went back to their dark green color.

He let out a sigh and looked me in the eyes. "That's a story for another time." I nodded, not wanting to press the question anymore. A few seconds later we let go and I headed back to Caesar, grabbing his hand and headed towards our cars; Will was gonna get a ride back with Mark since I drove him here this morning.

Come to think of it, why didn't he just have Jacob or Mark drive him to school? I snapped back to reality when Caesar started talking.

"Remember Princess, you're mine and mine only." He quickly pulled me to him and without hesitation started kissing me with passion. I let my instincts and let my body melt into his.

Caesar's P.O.V.

When we reached our cars Sophia zones out. I looked behind her and a couple of rows of cars I saw Will staring at her. A smile crept onto my face as a though popped into my head.

I quickly turned to Sophia and started speaking. "Remember Princess, you're mine and mine only." I then pulled her to me and started passionately kissing her.

Once we stopped she started getting in her car and I looked back at where Will was standing a minute ago. He was gritting his teeth and slammed the passenger side door of Mark car.

Will you better watch out. I'm not gonna let you steal Sophia. She's mine.

————-

Author's Note

Heyo! I hope you guys liked that chapter. I know it was kinda short but I felt inspired and wanted to write more for you guys.

What do y'all think of the rivalry between Caesar and Will? Is it a new thing or does it have a history? I guess you guy will have to keep reading ;).

Anyways, I hope you guys have an amazing day/night/whatever-time-it-is-for-you and I'll see y'all in the next chapter!