Chapter 7

When Regina got home she went right upstairs and took a hot shower. She needed to feel the hot water run down her body and wash away most of the day. She's so mad at Mal for what she said and she doesn't know yet what to do about Marco. When the water started to get cool, she got out. She dried off, got into some comfortable clothes and brushed her hair, then she called Emma. She picked up on the 3rd ring. "Hey babe. You out of work?"  "Yes my love, I actually left a little early. I wanted to come home and take a nice hot relaxing shower".  "So, are you relaxed sweetheart?"  Regina wants to yes, but she can't. "I'll be better if you come over and hold me tight. Please come over Emma". She says as if she's begging. "I'm leaving now babe. I'll be there in 10. I love you". She hangs up and Regina smiles. When Emma finally arrives, she doesn't even make it through the front door before Regina has her arms wrapped around her. She starts to cry, and Emma becomes concerned so she holds her tight. "Baby what's wrong?"   "It's just been a long hard day, and I just wanted the comfort of your arms".  "I'm here now sweetheart. It's ok". While she holding Regina she closes the door and says. "Baby let's go sit in the living room ok?"  Regina nods, but doesn't let go of Emma". They walk in and sit on the couch. Regina just snuggles right into Emma's arms. "Babe. Are you hungry?"  Regina shrugs. Emma waits a few minutes then asks.  "Ok baby what's going on? I know something is up. Please let me help you". Regina sits up and wipes her tears away. "I got a new commercial property that will be going up for sale soon. It's a foreclosure property. I'm sorry Emma, but that property is owed by Marco. I feel so bad. I promise I'll do everything I can to help him before this goes through". Emma doesn't speak right away. "Emma. Are you ok my love?"   "Yes. I'm sorry Gina. I already knew about the foreclosure. That's why I left work early. Things have been slow lately, even with the work you've been trying to give us. Marco told me yesterday that he just can't afford the shop or me any longer, so when the bank takes the shop back he's just going to retire".  "Sweetheart why didn't you tell me?"   "I don't know. I guess it was because you were at work and you were having a tough day. I didn't want to add to it. I would have told you eventually babe. I'm sorry".  "So what's going to happen with your job Emma?"   "We are just gonna finish up the jobs we have, then Marco is closing down and cleaning out the shop". More tears fall from Reginas eyes. "I'm so sorry my love. I know how much you love this job. I want to help somehow".  "I know thank you babe, but I think Marco is kinda glad this is happening. I saw how tired his eyes were when he told me. He said he loves doing what he does, but it's so hard now that he's older. He's almost 80 Regina. Even if we could save his company, he told me that with the property taxes and with the slow down of work lately, there is no way this company could survive".  "Emma I'm so sorry. What are you gonna do now?"   "I'd rather not think about that tonight babe. I just want to be with you. I have money in my savings account to last a while, so tonight I want to hold you. That's what makes me feel better".  "Ok my love. Then that's what we will do. So what's for dinner?"  They ended up ordering a bunch of food from Granny's. They watched a few comedy movies and went to bed, hoping things would look better in the morning. When they woke up the next morning they both felt so tired. With everything they talked about last night, neither of them slept well. While laying in bed Regina and Emma were awake but neither spoke, they just held each other. Suddenly Regina lifted her head and sat up. "Emma. I have an idea. What if my company buys Marco's?  You both do a lot of work for us now. So what if it's all combined. I won't charge anything to Marco for the property, you two will just do your work as usual and you'll be employees of Mills Realtors. Maybe when we sell a property we can put a clause in it that says for the next few years they have to call you for repairs".  "Regina. Baby. I don't know if that's a good a idea, I love you and I don't want work to come between us. I can find a new job, and I can always fix things on the side if you need me to". Regina nods and kisses Emma's lips. "Ok my love. I just have one more question. What about Marco?"   "He already owns his house, so he doesn't have to worry about that, and he gets social security checks. So I guess he'll be ok. I'll talk to him and his son August just to make sure. Marco is like a grandfather to me so I'll do whatever it takes to make sure he's ok". Regina kisses her. "I'm right here with you my love, and I will also do everything to help Marco. I promise". The got out of bed and made breakfast together then they got ready and left for work, promising to talk soon. Regina walked into her lobby and past the front desk, only giving a quick "Good morning" to Mal and walking right into her office. She sees a big bouquet of flowers in a vase on her desk, which makes her smile. "Oh Emma". She says as she walks over and takes the card out from the flowers. "I'm sorry for upsetting you yesterday. Just trying to look out for you.  Best wishes always. Mal". Regina is even more upset at her now. She rips up the card and throws it away. She picks up the flowers and goes right out to the front desk. "Mal. I don't want your damn flowers".  "Regina I'm sorry I was just trying to apologize for yesterday".  "Fine. I will except your apology but I don't want the flowers. It would be inappropriate for me to have them. I'm your boss and I have a girlfriend. Do you understand?"  "Yes. Ok. I'm sorry". Regina nods and walks back to her office to begin her day.