Chapter 9

As she's sitting on the bed in the cell, she can't believe how her life has changed in just a few hours. She's sure Regina sees her differently now. She's never acted like that before and she's never been that violent, so for Regina to see her like that, she knows she fucked up. "Swan. On you feet. You got a visitor". Deputy dickhead Jones said. "Fuck off Killian. Who's here?"   "That beautiful girl of yours. Tell me Swan how did you get a hot piece of ass like that?"  "Fuck you Killian".  "Pipe down Swan. Don't want to add disorderly conduct to the charges do we?" Emma would love to punch this asshole, but she can't. "Just take me to see my girlfriend".  Jones unlocks the cell, puts the handcuffs back on Emma and brings her to the interrogation room. Regina stands when Emma comes in. "Oh my love, are you ok?"  Regina says as she runs to Emma and holds her tight. "I'm fine babe. What are you doing here?"  "I wanted to make sure your ok. When can I bail you out?"  "It won't be for a while. I still haven't talked to my father yet, so I don't know what all the charges will be, then I have to go before the judge and he might not even let me get bail. Knowing my father he'd probably convince the judge to convict me right on the spot and sentence me to 100 years".  "Emma, they can't do that. Your not a violent person sweetheart".  Emma just shrugs. She knows that she's in a lot of trouble. The door opens up and the deputy comes in. "Let's go Swan, the Sheriff is ready for you". Regina stands up. "Wait. We've barely had any time".  "That's what happens when you get arrested isn't Swan?"  "I'm sorry Gina". Is all Emma says before she's taken away. She's brought into her fathers office and sits down. "Ok Emma. So what do you have to say for yourself?"  "Nothing".  "Nothing. Really Emma?"  "What does it matter. You don't care. Your pissed off that I screwed up. Again. Like you said it didn't take me long to go back to my old ways. You probably sent that asshole in Granny's just to see what I would do. Why did you and mom even adopt me? I always seemed to disappoint you one way or another. Nothing I ever did was good enough for you. Even when I went back to school to learn woodworking and design, not once did you say I was doing a good job. The project I did for my finals so I could graduate, I built a 3 story doll house all by myself. I built all the little furniture inside and even got electricity to run through the damn thing and I couldn't even get a nice job Em. Did you know I got an A plus on that. I graduated first in my class. But I don't give a damn anymore about what you think of me, so how about you just charge me with what ever shit you've got on me and send me before the judge and then we can be done with each other. I'm 23 yours old so your job as my so called father is done. After today you'll never have to see me again". Emma stands up and walks over to the deputy. "Take me back to my cell".  He looks at the Sheriff who nods and he walks Emma back to her cell. David is shocked at everything Emma just said. She's never stood up to him before. He looks over the charges against Emma and signs off on them so she can go to court. 2 hours later she finally walks into the court room. She's at one table alone and at the table next to her is a lawyer for the town. The charges are read out loud and Emma just cringes. She knows she's going away for a while. She turns to look at Regina who is sitting behind her crying. "I so sorry babe". She whispers quietly. "Your honor, my clients have decided not to press charges against Ms. Swan and we ask that they be dropped and she be released as soon as possible". Emma is completely shocked. How the hell did this happen she thinks. "Ok. All charges are hereby dropped and as soon as Ms. Swan pays the court fees she can be released". He slams down the gavel "Next case". The court officer hands Emma a few papers. "Pay these at the cashier downstairs and they will give you your belongings and you are free to go".  "Ok. Thank you". Emma is still in shock. She walks over to Regina and they hold each other tight. "Emma. What just happened?"  "I have no idea. Let's go before they change their minds". They pay the 200 dollar fee and leave the courthouse. They drive back to Reginas and when they walk into the kitchen Emma says. "Is it to early for a drink?"  "Not at all dear. I think I'll join you". Regina pours 2 glasses of cider and sits next to Emma at the kitchen island. Emma downed her drink in one swig while Regina just sipped. "It's been a hell of a day, hasn't it babe?"  "I'm so glad it's over. I wonder what made him change his mind".  "I don't even know.  So how pissed off is Granny?"  "She's not Emma. She's just concerned about you". Emma smiles. "You know if it wasn't for Granny and Marco I would basically have no parents". Regina looks confused. "When I was 13 I was adopted by the Nolan's. They were ok but I don't know why they even wanted me. My mom was good and did mom stuff, but my dad, it just seemed like he could careless weather I was there or not. That's why I told him after today he never has to see me again". "Emma". She says with a frown on her face and holds onto her hand. "I'm fine, really. It's just like I told him. I'm 23 I don't need a father and he certainly didn't want a kid so it's all done".  "I'm very sorry Emma. I sure this has to hurt". "I don't know Gina, maybe a little. It's also a little freeing. I don't have to worry about being good enough for them anymore. I just want to be good enough for you. I love you Regina". "I love you too Emma". They kiss and hug each other. "Do you think it's to soon to go to Granny's?"  "Are you hungry dear".  "I'm starving, but we don't have to eat there. I just wanted to apologize to her and Ruby for everything I did today". "I think that would be great. Let's go". Regina gets up and Emma follows right behind her. "Gina Wait a second. I also want to apologize to you. I was crazy today and I'm sure it scared you and I'm sorry you had to see me like that". "Thank you Emma. I know that you wouldn't normally act like that. I was not scared of you just scared for you".  "Thank you". Emma said and hugged Regina.