awkward • jeongin

• • ♡ • •

• • • •

word count: 3.8k

genre: classmates au, high school au, fluff

—————

"When are you going to talk to him?" Your best friend Rina said as she stuffed a big bite of rice into her mouth using her chopsticks.

You snapped your head in her direction. "What are you talking about? Who?" You questioned her, your eyes widening a bit. She pursed her lips. "What?"

"Yang Jeongin," Rina said. "You know, the boy you've had a crush on...hmm, I don't know, forever?"

"Lower your voice," you hissed and glanced over at Jeongin again. He was sitting on the other side of the cafeteria with Seungmin and Hyunjin like always, a smile on his face as he joked around with them.

"Don't make me force you to talk to him," Rina threatened and you knew deep down she wasn't joking. She stuffed some more rice into her mouth and you looked at her in disgust.

"You're such a pig," you remarked.

She shrugged. "Seriously though. Just talk to him," she said. "He's like the nicest person at this school. What are you so afraid of?"

"Cute boys," you deadpanned. "They're dangerous."

"That's true," Rina said with her mouth full of rice. She swallowed her bite before talking again. "Anyways. It's our last year. If you don't talk to him now, you might regret it for the rest of your life."

"Don't you think saying 'for the rest of my life' is pushing it a bit far?" You said and she looked at you with a straight face.

"No," she said. "It's not pushing it. I just think you guys would make a cute couple." She paused. "It would make me soft and I'd probably cry a lot, but when do I not cry?"

You shook your head at her. She really was something but you wouldn't trade her for the world.

"I heard his class is preassigned next period," she said with a slight eye roll. "And you know good and well he'll end up wherever the hell Seungmin is."

Your eyes widened. "Seungmin is in my class next period," you told her and she smirked.

"Well, have fun with that," she said as she picked up a piece of chicken with her chopsticks. "But here's an idea if he's in there. Talk to him."

"But Rina," you whined. "I don't know how to talk to boys. The only boy I talk to is my cousin and sometimes I can't even have a proper conversation with him."

"Okay, first of all," Rina said popping the chicken into her mouth. "Felix is a fucking crackhead and says the weirdest shit. No one can have a proper conversation with him."