the upside down • jeongin

• • ♡ • •

• • ♡ • •

word count: 14.2k

genre: stranger things au, supernatural, angst

—————

BUSAN, 1984

The sky was dark and it was almost quiet, except for the sound of the gryllidaes chirping in the night. It was starting to get chillier outside, the early autumn weather finally settling in after a hot summer.

It was quiet in the basement of the Seo's house. A little too quiet for a Sunday night. A Monopoly board was sitting on the coffee table and everyone stared at Hyunjin as he rattled the dice in his hand. With three and half pizzas eaten and two two-liters of Coke gone, this game was easily the longest the four of you had ever played.

"God, Hyunjin!" Jisung yelled suddenly, causing you to jump slightly. "Just roll the damn dice."

Hyunjin shot him a look and sighed deeply. He was screwed either way. Once he rolled the dice, whether it be a two or a twelve, he would have to pay a toll. With you nearly owning half of the board, he had a high chance of landing on one of your properties.

Hyunjin shook the dice again and let it drop onto the board. Everyone leaned forward and Hyunjin inhaled a sharp breath. A four and a three, meaning he would land on North Carolina Avenue and have to pay you three hundred dollars.

A smirk spread onto your lips. "Pay up, Hwang," you said, putting your Coke on the floor and holding your hand out for him.

"I can't. I only have twenty dollars," Hyunjin shook his head.

"Sell your properties then," Felix commented from beside him. Jisung was on the other side of him, chewing obnoxiously on his pizza, which was driving Felix insane.

"Like that's gonna do anything," Hyunjin scoffed. "That will literally only give me $120."

"Then, you're out, man," Jisung remarked. "Meaning it'll be your turn to buy next week." Hyunjin shoved him a bit and Jisung laughed loudly.

"Don't get mad at me!" Jisung said. "You're the one who made the bet. Oh, Mr-I'm-Gonna-Win." Hyunjin shoved again and they both laughed.

"Y/N!" your mom yelled from upstairs. "It's a school night!"

You sighed and looked at the boys. "Well, it looks like the party's over, losers," you said. You stood up from the couch and the boys did the same.

They packed up their things then headed up the stairs. You followed after them and walked towards the front door.

"Bye Mrs Seo!" Jisung yelled and you shoved him out of the house. He stumbled and you laughed. "What the hell, man! What was that for?"