3. Reunion: Part Three

KELSEY'S POV

After I talked to Cooper  I walked over to the starting line where Julian was waiting because the event was about to start. I didn't want to talk to him because he was being so rude to me. Before I got to the starting line Monique stopped me. 

Monique: Hey kels, can you please play nice with Julian, you two are playing for the same team.

Kelsey: Wait what? You are being serious? He's the one being rude to me!

Monique: Kels, c'mon this is for a good cause 

Kelsey: Ugh, you're right...fine. I just wish this would end already. 

I walked over to Julian and didn't say a word. I just sat down and began stretching. 

Julian: Hey kels...

Kelsey: ugh what do you want?

Julian: I just..ummm..I just wanted to apologize for my behavior earlier. I shouldn't have treated you like that. I'm sorry. 

Kelsey: Oh that's bullshit Julian..let's just get this thing over with. 

Julian: Kelsey, I really am sorry...

Kelsey: Julian, save it! I don't want your apology. Lets just do this.

Julian didn't say another word and just walked away. I watched him from the corner of my eye and saw him walk back to the tent. He grabbed a water bottle and then Monique walked over to him. They started talking, but I couldn't hear them. I wonder what they were talking about. The event was about to start. The event consisted of different relays with our best buddies kids. Each team consisted of two celebrities and two best buddies. Cooper went around with the camera crew asking each team questions. Julian walked over with our best buddies Carrie and Thomas. 

Carrie: Hi Miss Kelsey..I'm a big fan (she said all shy) 

Kelsey: Oh hi hun! I'm happy you're on my team. Are you two ready to have fun?!?!

Julian: Yes, the most important thing is that everyone has fun today okay? Winning is just a bonus. If we don't win at least we had fun right?!?

Thomas: Yeah! I'm so excited. Julian, you're my favorite football player!

Julian: Well thanks bud! Lets do this thing! 

I was staring at Julian and that was something I loved about him. He really loved kids and got along with everyone. I snapped out of it when I remember what a douche he was being earlier. Cooper went onto the stage to get everyone's attention. 

Cooper: Okay everyone, the games are about to begin. The game is going to start with one celebrity running towards the balance beam, going across it, and swinging on a rope to one of their best buddies and tagging them. Their best buddy with walk across the field with a spoon in their mouth trying not to tip the egg over. After getting across the field, they will tag the next best buddy, and they will have to hop on one leg to their next celebrity. The last celebrity will have to run back, army crawl under an obstacle, and dribble a soccer ball back with their feet to the finish line where the rest of their team is waiting. Now, I will give each team 5 minutes to get ready and set up their order. 

My team and I got into a huddle so we can decide who's doing what. 

Carrie: Can I please do the 2nd part

Thomas: Okay will be the 3rd person, what about you guys?

Julian: I'm okay with anything, what do you want to do Kelsey?